“Great Downtown Restaurant” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Black + Blue

Black + Blue
Reserve with OpenTable
Black + Blue is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #54 of 3,677 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: US$23 - US$37
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Canadian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Burrard
Description: The magic of a classic steakhouse, but with a decidedly contemporary twist. In-house aged rare cuts of beef, tableside Caesar salads, flambes, flaming coffees, and more. While he may find it familiar, it's definitely not your Daddy's steak house!
Alberta
“Great Downtown Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

We made a reservation online 3 days prior and spent a lovely Tuesday evening enjoying our meal at this upscale restaurant in downtown Vancouver. They seated us promptly upstairs overlooking the bar area. Wait staff worked as a team to provide seamless service throughout. Our food & drinks were all top notch. We ordered the chateaubriand for 2 and found it tender & flavourful as well as the perfect sized meal after enjoying their unique mac & cheese sticks with dipping sauce as a appetizer and ending with a shared dessert of their melt in your mouth chocolate souffle with vanilla sauce. Yummy :) Lastly, our bill was a pleasant surprise coming in at $137 for the 2 of us. We'll be back!!

Vancouver, Canada
“great design and trendy atmosphere but average food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

Food was the disappointment, expensive, and with basic carpacho was killed by ton off salad leafs in it and souse and cheese, why ? unclear. Steak was huge, we took the biggest one on the bone. But prepared in a way that there was limited flavour and steak was dry, definitely not deserve the price tag. in general great place to hang out, see trendy good looking people. But for a good steak, still go to Hy's or Gotham.

• Visited November 2011
3 Thank APolevoy
Dublin, Ireland
“how is this the number 1 restaurant?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

Visited last week for my girlfriends birthday......And will never return or give my money to any GLOWBAL restaurant after my experience......To sum it up........25 minute wait for reserved table...15 minute wait for a drink.....sparkling water topped up with tap water......starter of onion rings arrived after recieving entrees....terrible waiter, snooty hostess and manager who was dripping with sweat!!!!!

• Visited March 2012
Vancouver
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Black + Blue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

We had a fabulous time at Black and Blue; I would definitely recommend going straight for the Waygu steak -by far the best- and if you're not going for the steak tuna is also a great option. As for appetizers, the foie gras was ah-mazing and so was the steak tartare, they both just melt in your mouth and the foie gras is probably the best I've had in a long time. Anyway, the food was delicious, the decor was very modern and elegant, the chairs were very comfortable -getting into them was another story- the tables were a bit too close together considering the size of the chairs, which makes it a little awkward trying to sit down, nonetheless everything else made up for that. The staff was extremely friendly and knowledgeable about the menu, but it was a little crowded with servers hosts and managers etc. On the other hand the music was great. I would definitely recommend going if you have the money!

1 Thank Julia N
coquitlam canada
“Superb restaurant, they have worked out the kinks.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

This is the 2nd time I've come to Black and Blue. There were a few growing pains that they had to work through,but they have definitely overcome them. The first time I was here I ordered a PEI tenderloin and it was great. We had the brussel sprouts and mashed potatoes as sides and both were great. I cant remember the wine we had, but the selection was excellent. overall it was a vey good experience.
This time we decided on a chop salad and the blue cheese bread as appetizers. Excellent choice. The bread is rediculous and the salad was also very good. I ordered the PEI New York strip and it was the top three steaks I have ever eaten. (I am in my 40's). My wife ordered the tenderloin and it was also very good, the New York was better, much better. The steaks were cooked to perfection and for anyone who said they have had just as good of a steak at the keg, I want to know what Keg they are talking about. No comparison as far as I'm concerned. We ordered mashed potatoes and our server told us we could ask for aparagus or mushrooms as well as the other choices on the menu. We took the asparagus and it was all good. Again, I urge you to try the PEI |New york strip, it was out of this world!
The service at the Black and Blue was exceptional. Our waiter was Michael who did a fantastic job of explaining all of the different types of steaks there were to offer. Very attentive, professional and an absolute pleasure to talk to.It made out experience that much more rewarding. Good luck in New York Michael.
Adrien recommended a wine for me to have with my steak and it was awesome! Thanks for that Adrien.The entire experience was great and this is the best steak house in the city.
They have a lifetime customer and I can't wait until the patio is open.
I have one problem with this restaurant, I wish they had a larger beer selection, but I can be picky when it comes to my beer.

5 Thank k3see5