“Great steamed pork buns”

New Town Bakery & Restaurant
Ranked #314 of 3,847 Restaurants in Vancouver
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We stopped at New Town for a to go snack/lunch on a self run tour of Chinatown. I had a steamed pork bun and my husband had steamed pork dumplings. Both were delicious!

1  Thank LizEWisconsin
There are newer reviews for New Town Bakery & Restaurant

Reviewed 10 June 2013

This Chinese bakery and restaurant offers a great variety of dim sums in addition to the traditional well-known Chinese dishes. The prices are incredible inexpensive and the place is very clean.

Reviewed 23 April 2013

What a fantastic, authentic place. Excellent take out and dine-in be it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Delicious congee, buns, shrimp wraps, and much more.

Reviewed 19 April 2013

It is crowded and you had to take a number...also cash only, but it was well worth it. Awesome coconut buns! I also has the sesame balls and there were good too. I know this will be a place we go every time we are in Vancouver.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

The New Town Bakery is a must stop when ever we are in Vancouver. They have a great selection of Chinese baked and steamed treats. Many of these treats are the sweet staples of dim sum. The quality is excellent, some of the best I have had anywhere. My favorite is the sesame balls filled with red bean paste (chin tui). Also good are the egg tarts, and steamed bau. I have never eaten at the restaurant, so no recommendation for that part. These pastries are best served in the mornings.