“Gluten free options!”
Review of French Made Baking - CLOSED

French Made Baking
Cuisines: French
Neighbourhood: South Main
Description: French-owned and operated pastry shop and crepe cafe in Vancouver. We are passionate about food and even more passionate about sharing it with family, friends, strangers... Anybody really as long as you have a sweet tooth and appreciate quality products. David is a self-taught Chef and can work hours on recipes to offer some of the most authentic and tasty French pastries in Vancouver. We believe that food is not just a basic necessity, it is also a pleasure and we intend to make people happy with our pastries. We can spend hours perfecting recipes so our creations are a delight to your 5 senses: they look pretty, they smell nice, they melt in your mouth, they taste good and each one of them has a distinctive sound when you take the first bite... Catherine and the team of baristas strive to provide customer service as delightful as the pastries, in French and in English!
Reviewed July 20, 2016 via mobile

There were quite a few different options to choose from which was a pleasant surprise! I chose the macaroon with raspberries in it and it was amazing. The staff were very friendly. I hope to get back to try the buckwheat crepes.

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank Janelle S

Reviewed March 1, 2016 via mobile

I heard this place was in the running for best croissant in thrower mainland. I am eating their chocolate croissant on the recommendation of the French girl who works here and it's very good, but better exist. They have macarons available to sample and they are delicious. Their hot chocolate looks very good and real, made with Valrhona chocolate. A very cute cafe with buckwheat crepes and good looking baguettes.

Date of visit: March 2016
1  Thank anjuliasha
Reviewed November 23, 2015

Cannelles, croissant and macarons! Inspiring decor and lovely, charming service! Valrhona Hot Chocolate and fine teas! It was a delight for all the senses... just writing this review has made my mouth water. The pastry creme alone, in the Almond Croissant, was Heaven in the form of custard.... I love this bakery!

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed October 2, 2015

The Cannele are sooo good, I would take a little more rhum saveur… Charlotte was also delectable. Crepes were good except for salad over apple/Brie one, my taste buds were confused. Twist on a french dish. Most pastries were very Paris up to date.
I found the staff did not share their enthusiasm of food with you. "I would recommend this, this is our specialty…" I have been exposed to french food others might like to be introduced… " Shyness is not a french trade. Go there please.

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed July 2, 2015 via mobile

After reading all the 5-star reviews I think our expectations were too high. Although the macarons we purchased were very good, the selection was much more limited. Our helper insisted that this was the "normal selection" but the enclosed flavor decoder sheet showed at least 2-3 times more flavors than available.

That said, the macarons we did choose were very good. I can't say the best I've ever had, but very good. As with all macarons, expect to pay a premium price for each of the tiny treats...fairly priced at $2 each or 6 for $10.50. The next time we're in the area and in the mood for macarons, we'll come back.

Date of visit: July 2015