“best croissants and french baking in Vancouver”
Review of French Made Baking - CLOSED

French Made Baking
Cuisines: French
Neighbourhood: South Main
Description: French-owned and operated pastry shop and crepe cafe in Vancouver. We are passionate about food and even more passionate about sharing it with family, friends, strangers... Anybody really as long as you have a sweet tooth and appreciate quality products. David is a self-taught Chef and can work hours on recipes to offer some of the most authentic and tasty French pastries in Vancouver. We believe that food is not just a basic necessity, it is also a pleasure and we intend to make people happy with our pastries. We can spend hours perfecting recipes so our creations are a delight to your 5 senses: they look pretty, they smell nice, they melt in your mouth, they taste good and each one of them has a distinctive sound when you take the first bite... Catherine and the team of baristas strive to provide customer service as delightful as the pastries, in French and in English!
Reviewed March 18, 2017

This place is the real deal. Fresh flaky homemade croissants. baguettes that are crisp on the outside and soft on the inside. Homemade caneles (rum and egg pastry). Get there early as things run out.

Date of visit: March 2017
1  Thank lorneinvan

Reviewed October 31, 2016

Each time I pass this bakery, I swoon. Powerless against the vision of the grand assortment of macaroons, I'm drawn inside. This time, I also bought an individual lemon meringue tart...and was delighted to NOT share this with anyone! Lovely place!

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed August 3, 2016

I used to think that Daniel Le Chocolat has the best almond croissants, but French Made Baking is possibly better. The bakery is a bit far from the downtown core, but it's well worth the trip to make a stop a pick up half a dozen of these almond beauties.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed July 20, 2016 via mobile

There were quite a few different options to choose from which was a pleasant surprise! I chose the macaroon with raspberries in it and it was amazing. The staff were very friendly. I hope to get back to try the buckwheat crepes.

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank Janelle S
Reviewed March 1, 2016 via mobile

I heard this place was in the running for best croissant in thrower mainland. I am eating their chocolate croissant on the recommendation of the French girl who works here and it's very good, but better exist. They have macarons available to sample and they are delicious. Their hot chocolate looks very good and real, made with Valrhona chocolate. A very cute cafe with buckwheat crepes and good looking baguettes.

Date of visit: March 2016