“Charming Little Spot”

Neighbourhood: Kitsilano
Neighbourhood: Kitsilano
“Charming Little Spot”
Reviewed 31 October 2016

Our quest for the best nachos and beer in Vancouver took us to Burgoo's on 4'th today. We sampled the seasonal ale and ordered a plate of chicken nachos. The nachos are mixed with the chicken, which won't work for vegetarians, but we went for it anyway. What arrived was a little cast iron skillet of chicken nachos, just enough for appetizers for two. We were pleasantly surprised that it wasn't over jalapeno'd which seems to be the fate of most of this city's nacho plates. Not your traditional tomato salsa and cheddar pub nachos, but we were pleasantly surprised. Plus, it was Halloween and we met Wednesday Addams. Bonus. The best? We're not sure yet, but they were up there.

“Great Great Great”
Reviewed 28 October 2016

Worth the lengthy wait, not only for the food but the company. Fantastic décor and great to see restaurant full of life

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Biscuits are great!”
Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

We visited on a busy Saturday evening, but they soon found us a table for 5. The strawberry lemonade was refreshing and full of flavour. The biscuits were amazing and I would have just eaten those they were so good. The butter chicken was not as authentic as it should have been but was still good. Despite it being very busy the service was very good.

Visited October 2016
Vancouver, Canada
“Good but expensive and small portions”
Reviewed 17 October 2016

The atmosphere was nice, popped in with no reservations on a Saturday late afternoon and they seated six of us right away. Service was good throughout, we were pretty slow to order and they kept coming back, our drinks and food came pretty quickly. Food was mostly good (my daughter didn't like the mac & more, a little dry), but the portions were quite small. I had a biscuit with my Burgoo that was probably about a tablespoon worth of ingredients, other food came in small bowls too. If you're not too hungry and not on a budget it would be fine.

Vancouver, Canada
“Food Good / Bad Service ”
Reviewed 1 October 2016 via mobile

My wife and I have eaten here a couple time, and the food is good not great - good. But their customer service is sub par. My wife and I were put on a waitlist for 45 minute because they didn't want to seat 2 people at a table for 4 .... So numerous tables will sit empty while you wait. Doesn't make sense to me? So, I won't waste my time going back there as there are plenty of great restaurants in Kitsilano.

Visited October 2016