“Comfort food at it's best !”
Review of Burgoo

Burgoo
Ranked #224 of 3,811 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: American
Neighbourhood: Kitsilano
Neighbourhood: Kitsilano
Vancouver
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Comfort food at it's best !”
Reviewed 19 December 2016

They have an amazing menu. One of my favourites is the Grilled cheese. It is the best I have ever tasted and I understand they are very well know for that. Their soups are amazing as well. My favourite is the Chicken and Corn soup.

You have to try this restaurant.

• Visited November 2016

“Full of comfort food @ Burgoo”
Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

I eat at Burgoo every single time I visit Vancouver. Such amazing food options for all tastes! The mushroom soup is to die for. Last time I ate two full bowls in one sitting. Highly recommend to anyone who is looking for extremely tasty comfort food.

Visited May 2016
Vancouver, Canada
“Good, cozy, but overpriced”
Reviewed 1 November 2016

This is my second review of the Burgoo Bistro restaurants. I've been to all of the Vancouver locations and overall I'm a fan. The food is very good and definitely comfort food-style. The beer choice is also decent. I've more recently become a fan of the breakfasts as well.

My only issue comes down to pricing. There is no way to deny that a $18 for a soup and a sandwich is steep. A sandwich alone is $15.50 so I suppose there's a deal there in that you are getting soup for $2.50, when a soup and salad is $14.50, but that's far too much to charge for a sandwich.

$17+ for a bowl of stew is very expensive, especially when you consider that you have to pay extra for potatoes or rice to go with it.

It saddens me a bit to say it but the outcome is that now when it comes to choosing where to go and eat in Vancouver, Burgoo is no longer our go-to for an easy, quality meal. There is a lot of competition in Vancouver and for little difference in price we can eat in a higher end restaurant where you are getting more than a pre-prepared soup or stew.

It's a shame that they are pricing themselves out of the market that they had cornered.

• Visited August 2016
1 Thank DiscoClint
Vancouver, Canada
“Charming Little Spot”
Reviewed 31 October 2016

Our quest for the best nachos and beer in Vancouver took us to Burgoo's on 4'th today. We sampled the seasonal ale and ordered a plate of chicken nachos. The nachos are mixed with the chicken, which won't work for vegetarians, but we went for it anyway. What arrived was a little cast iron skillet of chicken nachos, just enough for appetizers for two. We were pleasantly surprised that it wasn't over jalapeno'd which seems to be the fate of most of this city's nacho plates. Not your traditional tomato salsa and cheddar pub nachos, but we were pleasantly surprised. Plus, it was Halloween and we met Wednesday Addams. Bonus. The best? We're not sure yet, but they were up there.

• Visited October 2016
“Great Great Great”
Reviewed 28 October 2016

Worth the lengthy wait, not only for the food but the company. Fantastic décor and great to see restaurant full of life

• Visited October 2016