“I love comfort food!”

Neighbourhood: Kitsilano
Canada
“I love comfort food!”
Reviewed 8 February 2017

I have no idea why I never heard of Burgoo - I love comfort food! I went with some colleagues for lunch and fell in love immediately. Great menu with a good selection of soups, salads and sandwiches as well as some other classic comfort food. The first time I went I had the feature soup which was a seafood chowder that day, and the Gooey Cheese Grillers. They were both very tasty. I liked Burgoo so much I came back the next day for lunch and ordered the Macaroni & more - also very tasty. It's a quaint little place with wooden tables and chairs - almost has a cottage feel to it. I will definitely be going back as I would like to try all their soups.

• Visited December 2016

Vancouver, Canada
“Night out after a short hike”
Reviewed 4 January 2017

Love this place, the menu is listed by origin, I guess that's how to describe it. Loved the Guacamole appetizer and the olives with drinks, lotsa cooklolives in there. I had the Pot Pie and it was so good, had a bite of the Cuban Sandwich and it was very tasty indeed, I would get that next time. I also stole some Macaroni and More from someone and it was awesome too, you should sell sides of that mmmmm.

• Visited December 2016
Vancouver
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Comfort food at it's best !”
Reviewed 19 December 2016

They have an amazing menu. One of my favourites is the Grilled cheese. It is the best I have ever tasted and I understand they are very well know for that. Their soups are amazing as well. My favourite is the Chicken and Corn soup.

You have to try this restaurant.

• Visited November 2016
“Full of comfort food @ Burgoo”
Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

I eat at Burgoo every single time I visit Vancouver. Such amazing food options for all tastes! The mushroom soup is to die for. Last time I ate two full bowls in one sitting. Highly recommend to anyone who is looking for extremely tasty comfort food.

Visited May 2016
Vancouver, Canada
“Good, cozy, but overpriced”
Reviewed 1 November 2016

This is my second review of the Burgoo Bistro restaurants. I've been to all of the Vancouver locations and overall I'm a fan. The food is very good and definitely comfort food-style. The beer choice is also decent. I've more recently become a fan of the breakfasts as well.

My only issue comes down to pricing. There is no way to deny that a $18 for a soup and a sandwich is steep. A sandwich alone is $15.50 so I suppose there's a deal there in that you are getting soup for $2.50, when a soup and salad is $14.50, but that's far too much to charge for a sandwich.

$17+ for a bowl of stew is very expensive, especially when you consider that you have to pay extra for potatoes or rice to go with it.

It saddens me a bit to say it but the outcome is that now when it comes to choosing where to go and eat in Vancouver, Burgoo is no longer our go-to for an easy, quality meal. There is a lot of competition in Vancouver and for little difference in price we can eat in a higher end restaurant where you are getting more than a pre-prepared soup or stew.

It's a shame that they are pricing themselves out of the market that they had cornered.

• Visited August 2016