“Big Menu”

Neighbourhood: Kitsilano
Vancouver, Canada
“Big Menu”
Reviewed 2 March 2017

A friend had said how this was one of her favourite spots to go so we decided to have lunch there with a friend from out of town. The inside is a bit dark and old fashioned but the menu is large with a very good selection. I chose the feature mushroom soup and a spinach salad, my husband had the onion soup and then the lamb chimichurri with a Caesar salad. The same for our friend but she opted for the spinach salad with hers. Everyone was very happy with their choices. The mushroom soup was very good indeed as was the spinach salad. My husband said the onion soup was 'almost' as good as mine (well, he couldn't say anything else, could he?!) and the chimichurri was declared very good as well. For the price of the soup/sandwich or soup/salad combination, you would be hard pressed to find anything better priced anywhere else so that is probably why it was busy. I've been told that the other entrees are also very good indeed. The mushroom soup I had was obviously made by someone who knows food as it was excellent. A definite winner and we will definitely return.

Visited February 2017

“Nice place ”
Reviewed 28 February 2017 via mobile

We went to this restaurant for celebrating a small bday party of my friend. This place give a retro look with wooden table and old fashioned bar. Food was overall good but portion was lot for us couldn't finish it all; biscuits were great, thing I liked less was the drink menu; should upgrade their cocktails and wine list. Would go again!!

Visited February 2017
“Comfort food at its finest!”
Reviewed 23 February 2017

Burgoo never fails to impress. Don't know where to start...from macaroni & cheese to jambalaya, from soups and salads to all the sandwiches....everything is amazing.

• Visited February 2017
Canada
“I love comfort food!”
Reviewed 8 February 2017

I have no idea why I never heard of Burgoo - I love comfort food! I went with some colleagues for lunch and fell in love immediately. Great menu with a good selection of soups, salads and sandwiches as well as some other classic comfort food. The first time I went I had the feature soup which was a seafood chowder that day, and the Gooey Cheese Grillers. They were both very tasty. I liked Burgoo so much I came back the next day for lunch and ordered the Macaroni & more - also very tasty. It's a quaint little place with wooden tables and chairs - almost has a cottage feel to it. I will definitely be going back as I would like to try all their soups.

• Visited December 2016
Vancouver, Canada
“Night out after a short hike”
Reviewed 4 January 2017

Love this place, the menu is listed by origin, I guess that's how to describe it. Loved the Guacamole appetizer and the olives with drinks, lotsa cooklolives in there. I had the Pot Pie and it was so good, had a bite of the Cuban Sandwich and it was very tasty indeed, I would get that next time. I also stole some Macaroni and More from someone and it was awesome too, you should sell sides of that mmmmm.

• Visited December 2016