“Feel like a local with terrific service”
Review of Tavola

Tavola
Ranked #89 of 3,330 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central
Reviewed June 7, 2016

Stayed in the hotel next door combining a few days holiday with a business trip, making this restaurant a convenient local place after a long day. Food was high quality every time, no matter what we ordered. Service was fast and very friendly from all staff, but sitting at the bar allowed us to chat with Dennis the bartender, as well as visit with other visitors and local residents. Cocktails were lovely and handmade; none of that premixed stuff here, and the wine list was small but matched the menu well. We felt as welcomed and at home here as in any of our home pubs and will definitely be back again soon. Note that this might be a little pricey for those on a restricted budget, however we felt the quality of the service, drinks, food, and atmosphere far outweighed any cost considerations.

Reviewed June 6, 2016 via mobile

We were very excited to visit this restaurant...looked "legitimate", nestled away in a nice neighborhood close to Stanley Park with a very European vibe. The patio is very enticing...as are the reviews. We ordered a salad to share, and pastas. Feature salad was very good, with fresh delicate greens. We followed with 3 pastas, all were dissapointing...clumping together, starchy and tasteless. First bites were "just OK"...By half meal, pastas were difficult to seperate, turning into one big clump. Pasta could have been much better prepered, better seasoned, and better served. Protein on the pastas was very scarce. Wine was very good....but what use is good wine with mediocre pasta? $170.00 later...I will cross Tavola off my list. Still looking for a good pasta place next time I visit Vancouver.

Reviewed June 6, 2016 via mobile

Very convenient for us as we stayed in the hotel above. Always looked busy in the evening so gave it a try. Friendly staff and a good buzzing atmosphere. Menu is small but all ingredients seemed fresh, both starters and main courses we had were very tasty.

Reviewed June 3, 2016

Had a unique experience with my son and his girlfriend. When he suggested we try this Italian restaurant, I was hesitant - with only two nights in Vancouver, I always want to hit as many Asian restaurants as possible, but he was insistent. Which I became grateful for. Four of sat down and my friend and I let my the two younger ones order for us. They ordered us the bruschetta, which came toasted, covered with herbs, and slices of cheese, oops forget the name, to put on the bruschetta. Heavenly. Then the 'kids' ordered four dishes to share. I have done this with Chinese, but never Italian, and now I want to do it in every restaurant. Each pasta dish was amazing and unique, and each equally delicious. Yummy

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed May 30, 2016 via mobile

Pasta was really good, and all ingredients were very fresh. We all shared different types of pasta and every dish was amazing. Great atmosphere good for business or pleasure. Looking forward to my next trip.

Date of visit: May 2016