“Phenomenal service and great food”
Review of Tavola

Tavola
Ranked #89 of 3,330 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central
Reviewed July 10, 2016 via mobile

This place is packed almost every night despite the high prices, so I decided that it was worth a try. I wasn't disappointed.
The service was among the best I've experienced, but the atmosphere was very relaxed. Not once did I have to top up my own wine, and the waiter was highly knowledgeable of the menu.
We had the tuna special and the gnocchi. Both were great.
The bill for two totalled about $150, including tip. But it was well worth it.
I plan on taking friends there when they visit in July as I know that the won't be disappointed either.

Date of visit: February 2016

Reviewed July 6, 2016 via mobile

We go here when visiting Vancouver & it never disappoints. We recommend the Buratta to start & the tostinis. We love the pasta & meat special nightly is a good bet.
The wine is nicely paired.
It is a busy place as they have a faithful following, so reservations are recommended.
Enjoy!

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed July 5, 2016

This is a small place tucked away in the edges of Vancouver's West End. It's got an Italian vibe, but does not do the standard Italian fare like lasagne or pizza. The veal shank was a think of beauty....enormous, tender and delicious. Also tried a couple of the pasta dishes but since I'm not a big pasta fan I wasn't blown away. Interesting appies like eggs and anchovies were fun to experiment with. Overall, a good find. The service, however, was uneven. The place was busy but not full yet they had production problems: my glass of wine did not appear until after the appies were served and other minor complaints, but did not substantially distract from the enjoyment.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed July 4, 2016

Though we live quite close, we only discovered this gem yesterday for our wedding anniversary. It was a great experience. Amazing food. Very delicious and flavourful. Good cocktails, nice wines. We sat at the bar and the service was fantastic. Thanks for a fantastic night

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed June 27, 2016

The food was good. There were 3 of us and we each had a pasta dish, which we each enjoyed. My husband had a peach bellini, which he liked and I thought was okay. We were lucky because it was pleasant outside and they had a outside table available. Inside it seemed somewhat loud. We had an enjoyable dinner.

Date of visit: June 2016