“Unbelievable Squamish River Salmon Fishing”

Silversides Fishing Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Experience incredible BC Fishing! Silversides provides Big Game river fishing for giant White Sturgeon and incredible Salmon, Trout and Steelhead fishing too in the Fraser river valley & Vancouver BC, Canada! We also provide a selection of fishing packages with lodging where you can enjoy wonderful scenery and river fishing. Silversides is your confident choice for Vancouver fishing trips & Fraser river fishing trips. We provide Fraser River fishing guides, Sturgeon fishing, and Salmon fishing, Fraser river fishing packages and Vancouver fly fishing guides! Experience Fraser river Sturgeon fishing in Mission BC where fish up to 1,000 lbs are waiting to test your will! We make your fishing dreams a reality with over 3 decades of BC sport fishing experience and our 5 star rating, you can fish with confidence! We provide fully guided BC Fishing holidays with lodging or single day fishing trips on the Fraser River for Salmon, huge Sturgeon, Steelhead and Trout in the famous Mission to Chilliwack area of the Fraser Valley plus your downtown Vancouver flyfishing guide. Our guides will take you to the Fraser and Harrison river for Salmon fishing, Sturgeon fishing and Trout fly fishing. Pitt river for Salmon and Bull Trout fly fishing. Squamish river valley near Squamish-Whistler for Bull trout fly fishing, Steelhead fishing and Salmon fishing. Chilliwack river for Steelhead fishing and Chinook Salmon fishing plus many remote rivers and lakes in southwest B.C. Our high success rates and customer satisfaction are based on our experience, hospitality, passion and dedication to provide you a truly professional experience.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I was attending a conference in Vancouver and a buddy talked me into going on an impromptu fishing trip with Brian our guide from Silversides Fishing. I was completely unprepared to go fishing, but Brian said no worries, that he could outfit me - and he did. Unbelievable "catching" day, with multiple Chum hookups for both Zack and myself, with a number at 20 lbs, so needless to say, quite the experience.

3  Thank Jmohlerrn

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Brian and I fished the Squamish river, just north of Vancouver on November 6, 2013.

I've always wanted to experience fishing the great BC wilderness but I never could've imagined this! Crystal clear water teeming with literally thousands of salmon and in the backdrop of towering mountains with snow covered peaks... paradise on earth.

The action started with the first cast and never slowed down. First 5 casts, first 5 fish and then it was fish after fish after fish consistently throughout most of the day except for a couple brief lulls in the action.

I was not counting but I'd say as a conservative estimate that I landed well over 40 chum salmon with at least 3 approaching the 20 lbs range and many, many absolutely beautiful chrome fish...it was just one of those days when all the stars were aligned and we were in the perfect spot with the perfect set-up with thousands of fish running by us throughout the course of the day.

I highly recommend Brian and Silversides and fishing for chum salmon in beautiful BC in November. It was truly the trip of a lifetime, thanks Brian!

1  Thank Nick E
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Me, my brother, my dad and my father in law went salmon fishing on 10/8/2013 and we love the whole experience. My dad couldn't stop talking about it even after we are back to Toronto. We had an excellent day and Brian is an experienced and excellent guide as well. Everyone should try this is they are into fishing and would like a great experience.

1  Thank Bluejade79
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Booked a 6 hour sturgeon trip with Brian on 8/20 on the Fraser. Fishing tuned out to be really slow. Saw only one other boot hookup, and they did not land. Brian was constantly changing baits and moving the boat, but nothing was happening. After six hours passed I figured we were heading back to the dock but Brian said he believe in putting in some overtime when the "bite is delayed". He was confident things would heat up, I had my doubts because ethe dat seemed dead. Somewhere after 7 hours passed, we got into a fish, another 20 mins later I landed my first sturgeon, a beautiful 150 lb, 6 footer. Guides can't make the fish bite, but Brian knows his sturgeon fishing and made it happen for me. He obviously takes pride in what he does and is a great advocate for conservation and the fishery. Highly recommend.

1  Thank MattG184
Reviewed 15 July 2013

My father, father-in-law and I went sturgeon fishing with Captain Brian and had an incredible experience. We caught four fish ranging from around 35 to 180 lbs. My father-in-law caught the largest fish: a six and a half foot leviathan. Brian's expertise helped us to land this monster. The fish took all of the line and we had to pursue it for around a kilometer. Then it headed for a large submerged tree and Brian expertly maneuvered the boat around and around the tree, flushing the fish out from its refuge. Although I grew up on an island and have spent a lot of time on boats, I have never witnessed such finesse and aplomb from a captain. I would not want anyone else at the helm on a sturgeon expedition: Brian is the man. He knows everything from bait and equipment to fishing spots to navigating the vast and changeable Fraser. Brian is also very knowledgeable about the ecosystem and sensitive to its unique rhythms. He handled the fish very carefully and we were able to get excellent pictures and video. If you want to catch sturgeon, then Brian is the man. A first class operation from start to finish.

1  Thank Featherlessbiped