“A great, great day on the water. ”

Silversides Fishing Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Experience incredible BC Fishing! Silversides provides Big Game river fishing for giant White Sturgeon and incredible Salmon, Trout and Steelhead fishing too in the Fraser river valley & Vancouver BC, Canada! We also provide a selection of fishing packages with lodging where you can enjoy wonderful scenery and river fishing. Silversides is your confident choice for Vancouver fishing trips & Fraser river fishing trips. We provide Fraser River fishing guides, Sturgeon fishing, and Salmon fishing, Fraser river fishing packages and Vancouver fly fishing guides! Experience Fraser river Sturgeon fishing in Mission BC where fish up to 1,000 lbs are waiting to test your will! We make your fishing dreams a reality with over 3 decades of BC sport fishing experience and our 5 star rating, you can fish with confidence! We provide fully guided BC Fishing holidays with lodging or single day fishing trips on the Fraser River for Salmon, huge Sturgeon, Steelhead and Trout in the famous Mission to Chilliwack area of the Fraser Valley plus your downtown Vancouver flyfishing guide. Our guides will take you to the Fraser and Harrison river for Salmon fishing, Sturgeon fishing and Trout fly fishing. Pitt river for Salmon and Bull Trout fly fishing. Squamish river valley near Squamish-Whistler for Bull trout fly fishing, Steelhead fishing and Salmon fishing. Chilliwack river for Steelhead fishing and Chinook Salmon fishing plus many remote rivers and lakes in southwest B.C. Our high success rates and customer satisfaction are based on our experience, hospitality, passion and dedication to provide you a truly professional experience.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

We fished a full day on July 28, 2016. This was the first time any of the four of us had fished for something as big as a Sturgeon. Brian really knows what he's doing, and is persistent and methodical in his approach.

My husband landed his Sturgeon, over six feet, in about the first hour and a half. So exciting!

Things slowed down a little, my older daughter lost two that spit out the bait (we have a cool picture of the second one spitting mid-jump).

As the afternoon was drawing to a close, she finally got a big one, 6'5" and probably 170lbs. It was a great fight and a great end to a great day. We loved it!

In addition, we have a small dachshund who travels with us. Brian and Louise's teenaged daughter babysat for him and did a fantastic job. We were so happy for her help us out.

This is a first class group of folks. We'll be back for more. Thanks so much!!

There are newer reviews for Silversides Fishing Adventures

Reviewed 13 July 2016

We had an amazing day's fishing with Brian. The fish were proving hard to catch with none of the other boats catching, but Brian's persistence and knowledge with changing bait and location proved to be a winner with 3 hard fighting fish landed. Highly recommend, great day out.

Reviewed 21 April 2016 via mobile

Had a great few days with Brian and Jason. Originally I'd aimed to fly fish for trout, but hot weather forced an early snow melt after the first day. Brian quickly recognised that this would shut down the trout bite, so he suggested I try my hand at sturgeon fishing. I'd heard of this species but never really thought about fishing for them. The next two days were some of the best freshwater sport fishing i've ever experienced. We landed over 15 fish up to 8 feet in length. Far from a slow-moving bottom dweller, the sturgeon fought like an ocean speedster, making long screaming runs, leaping completely out of the water and fighting right up to the boat. I've never had sore arms from a freshwater fishing trip. Without Brian's local knowledge and attention to detail, I might have had a fishless trip Canada. Thanks again guys.

1  Thank Ash F
SilversidesFishing, Owner at Silversides Fishing Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2016

Thanks for your enthusiasm and kind words! We are happy to know you had a blast.

Reviewed 15 March 2016 via mobile

Had a successful day on the Squamish river hooking into and landing multiple Bull Trout. Brian put us right where we needed to be. I was impressed with his ability to read the river and know right where there would be fish. An adventure shared by an ameture myself and an absolute rookie who was able to hook into and catch her own fish with Brian guidance. I highly suggest fly fishing with Silverside Fishing for unforgettable scenery and great fishing to match.

SilversidesFishing, Owner at Silversides Fishing Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2016

Thank you for the kind words!

Reviewed 26 September 2014

Myself and 3 friends went out with Brian our guide in early August 2014.
Two of us are experienced fishermen and the others are rookies who have never caught a Sturgeon. One of my friends flew down from Prince George to have a chance to catch a dino.
Sturgeon fishing had been slow for 2 weeks prior to our trip. I knew the fishing wouldn't be hot but I also knew we would get fish. Brian met us at the Mission boat launch and we went downriver from there.
The first 11/2 hours was slow but Brian was working the rods with different baits and shortly afterwards we were into our first sturgeon. I was next to the rod when the fish started to bite so I hooked the fish and immediately passed the rod to my buddy from PG. I knew this was a decent fish.
Our guide coached my friend during the fight and 20 minutes later my bud landed his first ever sturgeon that was approx 6 ft. He could not believe the power these fish have and was already feeling the effects of fighting it on his body. We fished for a little while longer at that spot but nothing was happening so Brian moved to another spot. He put on fresh bait and with in 1/2 an hour we were into our second fish. The other rookie was up next and had a good fight with a Fraser River sturgeon. His fish was approx 6.5 feet long. Two nice fish for the sturgeon virgins.

The next fish came an hour later and was a very fat 7 footer that put on a fantastice fight before breaking the hook. We caught a few more fish at various spots before heading back to the launch.
Brian did a great job of trying to locate fish for us when we all knew that fishing was on the slow side. We out fished all the other boats around us. He changed spots and baits to ensure all the bases were covered.
If you want to have an experience of a lifetime get Brian to take you out sturgeon fishing.
He's a good guy. I would like him more if he would of told me the size and color of his favorite chironomid for his favorite lake. Good time.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
2  Thank Dennis B
SilversidesFishing, Owner at Silversides Fishing Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2015

Thanks for the kind words! We are always doing our best to fulfill our guests fishing dreams. Tight lines!