“Tasty and Authentic”
Review of Kaya Malay Bistro

Kaya Malay Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Kaya Malay Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #994 of 4,147 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Malaysian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Shaughnessy
Reviewed January 26, 2018

We had lunch at Kaya Malay Bistro as part of Vancouver Dine Out promo. The restaurant decor was very plain with no real feel of Malaysian decor however we didn't primarily come to the restaurant for the decor. The food & service were excellent. The restaurant opened at 11:30 AM and within a hour was full. Appetizers came fairly quickly with tasty, sampler portions. We ordered both protein (beef & chicken) combo appys which were shared. There was just enough of each 3 course tapa to enjoy and leave room for the entree. We also ordered both of the protein (chicken & beef) 4 course entrees which were also shared. There was a nice balance/variety of entrees in each of the courses. We have dined at many Malaysian restaurants in the Lower Mainland and I would highly recommend Kaya Malay Bistro for their tasty and authentic food.

Reviewed January 22, 2018

authentic Malaysian food, big portion for each dish. would definitely come back when craving for Malaysian dishes. I give 4 star due to services......

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed January 22, 2018

I went for Dine Out 2018 for lunch. I was surprised how crowded it was. I left very full. The first time I went, the service was not that good but it has improved.

Reviewed January 19, 2018

Went there for the first 2018 dine-out night today. Very disappointing!! The food was actually not bad but the service was horrible. The restaurant was fully booked tonight, we were seated to a sort of overflow second floor. There were about six seven other tables there. I am guessing the kitchen as well as the staff were not sufficient to even accommodate the first floor, therefore guests on the second floor were totally neglected. Drinks took 1/2 hrs to be served, not mentioning food. 1 table left after an hour only had 1 appetizer served. When the servers bought food up, they were so confused as to what each table ordered. It was so obvious that they totally forgot about the second floor guests or chose to forget and served all our plates to the first floor guests. This is the most terrible dining experience i had. Please don't go there, it will ruin your night!!

Reviewed January 16, 2018

My favourites are the tofu goreng, Singapore laksa, and sambal chilli trio. I keep coming back here because the service is quite friendly, and the food is very good. My family is from Malaysia and we find the food quite tasty and authentic. Oh and the otak fish dish is very good. Would love to try more as the menu looks really interesting.