“Good Malaysian Cuisine”
Review of Kaya Malay Bistro

Kaya Malay Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Kaya Malay Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #994 of 4,147 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Malaysian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Shaughnessy
Reviewed August 25, 2018 via mobile

Bought Groupon for 4ppl that is with $40 for $20. We ordered Tofu Goreng, Soft Shell Crab, Rendang Beef & Kimchi Nasi Goreng. With Groupon they took $40 off the total bill which came to $68. Basically, you can order anything on the menu.

My least fav was the Kimchi fried rice because its not dry enuf. Tofu Goreng was stuffed with thinly sliced cucumbers and bean sprouts with sweet chili sauce. If you are a calamari fan you will like the deep fried soft shell crab. Rendang beef is full of flavor and very tender. Overall, Kaya deserves a 4*. Don't be surprised if your bill came with suggested tips amount for 12% tips or 15% tips. I think they do that to be helpful as you are supposed to tip on the full price.

Reviewed August 17, 2018

This restaurant is a very interesting place to dine. The meals are light and refreshing. We ordered the hot and sour soup together with the black cod and asparagas and the coconut prawn and the jumbo king prawn. we both opted for the black rice pudding for dessert.

Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

Tried this restaurant for dinner and was very pleased. We had a Groupon that could not be used towards Happy Hour Menu but we managed to order some very tasty food. Try the Green Beans off the regular menu...fantastic!

Reviewed June 10, 2018

I had an appointment with my doctor in the 900 block of Broadway and I still had time on my parking meter so I decided to enjoy my lunch at the Kaya Malay Bistro. I opted for the pad Thai which was very flavorful and satisfying, a bargain at $12.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed April 9, 2018

For what seems like ages friends have encouraged me to enjoy a repast at the Kaya Malay Bistro. I was only a 1/2 block away and still had time on my parking meter so I decided upon lunch at the Kaya Malay Bistro. The Singapore Laksa is an excellent choice for a person not familiar with Malaysian fare expecially if one enjoys coconut milk, noodles and tiger prawns.

Date of visit: April 2018