History Walks in Vancouver with James Johnstone - Private Tour
Ranked #51 of 165 Tours in Vancouver
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: I host 2 and a half to 3 hour guided history walks in four of Vancouver's historic neighbourhoods: the East End/Strathcona, the West End, Grandview, and Mount Pleasant. Most of the stories shared on my tours come from my work as a house history researcher. I have researched the history of 900 Vancouver homes and share their stories and my passion for Vancouver history on my tours and in a popular blog called "When An Old House Whispers". The dates and times and rendezvous information for my regularly scheduled history walks can be found at historywalksinvancouver blog. Private walking tours in English, Japanese or Italian can be arranged for groups of five or more depending on my availability.
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Live the History”
Reviewed 21 June 2013

I went on a tour of the Strathcona district so that I could learn more about the city I live in. James made the history of the area come alive. It didn't feel like I was walking the streets of 21st century Vancouver but rather I was immersed in the past. It was an unforgettable experience.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Karen M

Travellers who viewed History Walks in Vancouver with James Johnstone - Private Tour also viewed

Vancouver, British Columbia
Vancouver, British Columbia

Been to History Walks in Vancouver with James Johnstone - Private Tour? Share your experiences!