“Wonderful cosmopolitan city.”

US$173.99*
Granite Waterfalls 4-Hour Boat Rental for 5 to 6 People
Ranked #10 of 356 things to do in Vancouver
More attraction details
Owner description: More residential than business.
Reviewed 1 February 2016 via mobile

My wife and I recently came from Utah to visit the beautiful city of Vancouver. This is our second trip in the last 10 years and it has been spectacular both times. We felt very safe and enjoyed our visit immensely. We went shopping and people watching on Robson Street and spent time as well in gas town as well as Stanley Park and other parts of this beautiful city. If you are looking for a big city attraction don't miss out on Vancouver.

1  Thank Dan P
There are newer reviews for Vancouver Downtown

Reviewed 1 February 2016

There are lots of things to do in downtown Vancouver, but it's a pretty expensive place compared to other cities in North America. It can also get quite crowded if the cruise ships are in. Overall, it's a nice place to visit, with beautiful scenery and good restaurants.

Reviewed 1 February 2016

I've been coming to Vancouver at least once a year - sometimes twice or three times - since the early 80s. The shopping is still as good as ever if you don't mind all the American clothing stores and Asian cuisine that's moving into downtown now. For me this is the disappointing part. In the early 80s on Robson Street, there were a lot of individual shopkeepers who were locally based and unattached to large American chains. There were also a lot more European restaurants. Don't get me wrong - I have nothing against a good Chinese or Japanese meal. There are times when I'd like a good old fashioned steak and potatoes restaurant that I can go to. Robson Street has also lost some of its charm when the small locally owned businesses left.

By the way, the visit was with family (teens), family (no kids), and friends. We were there for a week last June and who was with us depended on the day. Our December trip was mostly family with teens. A three hour visit is about right, unless you decide to include lunch with your visit. There's a lot to see downtown and you could easily spend a whole day here.

Reviewed 31 January 2016 via mobile

I was visiting Vancouver for business. I went out to dinner on a Thursday and then went on a hunt for souvenirs for my family back home. Unfortunately, almost all of the stores were closed! I couldn't believe it! I found one souvenir store open and a cigar shop open. No clothing stores, shoe stores, toy stores, book stores, department stores - nothing! Very disappointing.

2  Thank Hayley A
Reviewed 29 January 2016

On one end Granville Street you have a nice mall and at the other end you have a sex shop. In between is a bunch of stores, bars, clubs and restaurants. Seems like the homeless population prefer the south end of the street as it appears they sleep in front of vacant businesses.