“Solid option for good food and brew”

Steamworks Brewing Company
Ranked #2 of 103 Nightlife in Vancouver
Reviewed October 13, 2018 via mobile

I hadn’t been to Steamworks in a while. It’s been open in Gastown for over 20 years and while I had been there for larger events (company party once and an engagement party another time) I haven’t been there for dinner in several years.

My wife and I ended up staying downtown overnight and wanted some good, unpretentious food. We went for a walk towards Gastown and decided to stop in at Steamworks for something we could share.

It is a pub, so mostly pub fare is on the menu. We’re both vegetarian which often limits our choices, but Steamworks did offer several salads and pizzas that looked good. We chose to order a small garden salad and their ‘classic’ pizza without meat. I had a pint of their house lager and my wife a glass of Perseus red wine. The food was delicious and service was prompt. The bill was about $50 before tip. Not bad for a couple’s casual night out in Vancouver.

Yaletown Brewing Co. is a very similar experience, but we enjoyed coming back to Steamworks again. It’s a great casual spot, in a historic part of town.

All reviews
"canadian"
"downtown"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed October 5, 2018

I went to Vancouver a few times already. EVERYTIME I end up there. The food is good, the beers are awesome, the ambiance is nice, the look of the place is amazing and the staff is very helpful and knowledgeable. They know their beers. And I love to talk with someone who can really get to understand what i like in a beer and give me a good advice.
I ordered a lot of different beers, never regret my choices. I had the calamari on several occasions as they are SO good I can't even bear not to order them.

The prices are acceptables, you can go there easily taking public transportation, I will continue to go there every trip to Vancouver for sure.

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

This is the best place for burgers. Very nicely done and presentation. Will definitely be going back.

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

Ok, might be a bold claim as I’ve been mega impressed with loads of bars in Vancouver however, the staff here (especially Danny and Rachel) were absolutely epic! Suggesting beers, taking a general interest, giving some advice around the city as well as being incredibly attentive. On top of that, the best craft I’ve had in the city is here - try the Flagship IPA the food is pretty epic too! And not only that - it’s right by waterfront station so always time for a cheeky pint after a commute around the city