“Ideal for our short stay”
Review of Robson Suites

Robson Suites
Reviewed 4 January 2012

My wife and I stayed here en route back to Australia. We chose the Robson because of the trip advisor reviews but also because of its location near a Bikram Yoga studio and the other features such as a kitchen and washer/dryer in the suite. This gave us a great base to practise our yoga and also explore the city area. The facilities are great, staff are welcoming and helpful. It is close to Robson Road and a good choice of restaurants, stores and markets depending upon your budget and food choices. Free WiFi was greatly appreciated.
It is not too far to walk to Stanley Park or downtown which we were quite happy to do.
Highly recommend and will stay here again

Room Tip: Rooms facing Bidwell were good
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Thirko
RobsonSuites, General Manager at Robson Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2012

Happy New Year, Thirko!
Thank you for kind words about the Robson Suites. Robson Street is full of wonderful shops, health/wellness studios and restaurants, and I am happy to hear that you were able to experience the comforts of our property yet still be close to everything. As we are located in the residential areas of Robson Street, our vision for the Robson Suites is give each guest a taste of what it's like to live in downtown Vancouver. I hope we were able to do that with you. As you've experienced, Stanley Park is a couple blocks away where a wellness minded individual such as yourself can run, walk or bike through the lush forests or do the same around the seawall of Stanley Park. I hope we were also successful at providing a tranquil and comfortable area to enjoy your Yoga.
Thank you again, and Namaste.
Michelle

Reviewed 26 December 2011

Really nice room with lots of space. Having laundry facilities in the actual suite were a nice bonus. I cannot complain about the accommodations, but the location of this hotel could be a bit better. Overall though, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends

Dear CMWPM,
Happy Holidays, and thank you for your review. I'm happy to hear that we were able to accommodate you and your friends to your satisfaction when visiting Vancouver. I hope that we can be of service to you again on your next visit! Please feel free to contact me directly to make any reservations and or requests: michelle@robsonsuitesvancouver.com
Have a great 2012!
Sincerely, Michelle

Reviewed 10 November 2011

Just walking around the West End you wouldn't notice this hotel right away, as it's tucked behind a McDonald's off Robson Street. The lobby is small but welcoming and the building is secure at night after 10:00 p.m. Don't forget your key card! You'll need it to enter the building late and also to use the elevator.

The room we had was one of the smaller suites and overlooked Bidwell Street. There is a bit of traffic near but this is a fairly quiet street. Just a couple of blocks away is the harbor and Stanley Park is a short walk, too. The room was comfortably appointed, with washer and dryer, full kitchen, small dining and living room area, and a flat screen TV. Just a half block away is a BC liquor store and a large Safeway, not to mention countless other restaurants with a large variety of cuisines. Lots of Korean restaurants in the West End.

Pick up a copy of the local newspaper, the Vancouver Sun, which still is a vibrant printed news source. The prices for rooms isn't bad, though it will depend on the time of year. Weather has been quirky, as the Pacific Northwest is prone to be, with both hot and cold, gray days in June or July in different years. If you want warm weather, head to Honolulu, but Vancouver has its own charm. I like the Robson Suites and have stayed here twice. I'd go back again.

Room Tip: Get a room that faces the street instead of the back of the building, which overlooks other building...
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank busanio
RobsonSuites, General Manager at Robson Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2011

Dear busanio,
I enjoyed your review of our property, as your insight provides an objective overview of what it's like in the property, but also around it. We are truly fortunate to have had you and your guest back to the Robson Suites twice, and we hope to maintain your interest and have you return to us a again for the third time. I can definitely guarantee the quirky Pacific Northwest weather, and a copy of the Vancouver Sun! Furthermore, I would love to personally make your next reservation with us, so please do not hesitate to contact me at: michelle@robsonsuitesvancouver.com
Thank you again, and we look forward to accommodating you again!
Hospitably,

Reviewed 10 November 2011

I stayed here with my partner and lil one in October for 7 nights. It is a perfect little home away from home. The suite had everything we needed and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. The location is great too with everything we needed within walking distance.

Robsons is THE place to stay if you're in downtown Vancouver and are not wanting to spend a fortune on accommodation. It is clean, secure and they even have free parking. What else do you need? We were very happy and definitely recommend Robsons.

A few recommendations tho for future travelers: I would definitely recommend getting yourself the bigger suite with the bigger bed - we had a smaller room for the first 5 nights of our stay and I ended up sleeping on the pull out sofa in the lounge most nights. Also, ask for a higher floor room, our 1st room was right above McDonalds on level 2 and people hang out there at all hours of the night, I didn't enjoy being woken up at 3am!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family

Dear rugirl77,

Thank you very much for your review of your recent stay at the Robson Suites. We are very fortunate to have travelers such as yourself and your family give us a wonderful rating here on Trip Advisor. I have 3 young children as well, and I understand how budget is a huge aspect of travel planning for families. I am delighted that you found our services to be friendly, our rates to be good, and our property to be clean and secure. Just as I would want a property to be for my family.

As a tip: We have recently implemented 7, 14 and 30 day Advance Purchase rates on our website to make accommodations even more affordable for travelers coming to Vancouver. If you know you won't cancel your trip or your reservations, these rates are worth checking out.

Thank you again, and we will be happy to provide you a room on the top floor for your next visit to Vancouver!

Reviewed 15 October 2011

stayed at Robson Suites before and after our cruise up to Alaska.Very good choice and we are looking at staying there again next year when wevget off the Cruise ship from Hawaii

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
RobsonSuites, General Manager at Robson Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2011

Dear SquireNapier,

We hope that your cruise to Alaska was truly enjoyable! Thank you for staying with us at the Robson Suites, and we will be delighted to welcome you back to our property. It's wonderful to have guests return to us, as we genuinely believe in our motto: "Come as a guest, leave as a friend"

Wishing you and yours a beautiful Hawaiian Cruise,

Reviewed 13 October 2011

We stayed at the Robson Suites in mid September for four nights. We are a family of ;, 2 adults and 2 girls ages 7 and 10.
Pros: - Cost. Looking around, I think the Robson Suites are well priced compared to the other options.
Location - 5 minute walk to Stanley Park; 10 minutes to the Aquarium. Safeway is across the road and restaurants abound.
Car Parking - Very secure underground car park at no extra cost was a huge advantage.
Free shuttle - Downtown. We used this once. I'm not sure if they do pick ups as well?
One of the girls on reception was very friendly and helpfull with advice.

Cons:
Our double bed was small and not firm. I did not sleep well at all.
The pull out bed in the loungeroom was also very uncomfortable and left very little room when it was down.
Overall the rooms were small and felt cramped.
The laptop they were meant to have was in for repair.

Overall if comfort is your main driver I would not stay here. Maybe their queen size suites for couples would be better.
If value and location are your main drivers I would recommend Robson Suites.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
RobsonSuites, General Manager at Robson Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2011

Thank you for your very fair review of our property. Your review is very appreciated, as it gives us a chance to keep the pro's stay positive and the con's to be reviewed by my staff and myself.

We are very fortunate to be situated in such a s lovely community in downtown Vancouver. The proximity to shops, restaurants, venues and businesses are very convenient where we are. Our complimentary shuttle drops guests off anywhere in downtown only. We feel that this way, guests can get comfortable with their surroundings and enjoy their personal journeys back.

Guest comfort is very important, and as we are in the process of updating rooms again, we will be looking into the beds to assure a good night's sleep. The sofabeds were recently changed, so I will personally look into them and test their comfort levels. I apologize for the discomfort you experienced during your stay as I agree that a one bedroom suite may have been better suited for your family's stay with us. If we are fortunate to have you and yours back at our property, we will be happy to book you a one bedroom suite with a queen bed, which is a bigger and more comfortable option than the suite with the double bed.

Reviewed 2 October 2011

We staeyed at The Robson Suites on 10th/11th Sept and again on 25th/26th Sept before and after trip to Vancouver Island and Hawaii. Every single staff member that we had contact with was incredidbly helpful., We stayed in a one bedroom suite on both viisits and felt we really could not have had better value for money for this part of Vancouver. Shops and resteraunts all close by. On our return flight from Honolulu we arrived very early and very tired but a room was quickly prepared for us with no fuss what so ever and we were able to catch up on some badly needed sleep. Thank you Robson Suites staff for the kindness and help you gave us.

Room Tip: Room 401 has jacuzzi bath as well as shower.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Aloha, and Mahalo for your review of our hotel!
We can understand how tiring traveling can be, and I am very happy to hear that the staff were able to get you into your room earlier than expected. It is also very nice to know that our room rates reflect our suites, services and amenities well. I thank you for your time and your review of the Robson Suites; and please feel free to contact me or any one of our front desk agents concerning future bookings or any information you may need regarding our beautiful city.