“My One & Only Vancouver Hotel”
Review of Loden Hotel

Loden Hotel
Ranked #5 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Montreal, Canada
“My One & Only Vancouver Hotel”
Reviewed 1 June 2015

Well, I came back again as the first time was so good and I wondered if lightening could indeed strike twice. I came here for a few days of chill and shopping before I went on a sailing trip and I had my trusty little sidekick, Hibou the French Bulldog with me as well. The beds were even comfier than I remember and Tableau's offerings were just as spectacular (I went 4 times on a 2 night stay...)

I had to do a lot of work on this trip from the room before my evening client dinners and a few things that I had planned oh so carefully turned into some calls that went WAY overtime and I had places to be. I was really in a pinch to get my dog Hibou to doggy daycare in the West End before I had a big work dinner and I was stuck on a call. It was then I noticed the little card sitting on the desk that mentioned the Loden app where I could communicate with the front desk, the concierge and the London Car all from my iPhone...this all seemed way too good to be true.

While I was on a headset on my lap top, scrambling to get my shoes on and getting the harness on the dog, I was also on the app booking the London Car to drop us at the dog daycare. It let me know right away that the car was ready and downstairs for me, major score!! No more panic and we got to ride in the friendly and roomy car there and back without a hitch. Seeing as the app was so timely and easy for that jaunt, I also used it to successfully order room service for breakfast and tea and a snack for another marathon call.

The Loden never ceases to amaze me with it's friendliness and convenience and it truly is my home away from home while in Vancouver. Best staff, amazing food, incredible wine list and a feeling of genuine care that I've never felt at any other hotel.

Room Tip: Definitely try to score a water view. Don't worry if you have a room that is close to the lifts...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
Reviewed 30 May 2015 via mobile

2nd stay at the Loden and will return again next year. The hotel is close walking distance to wide range of restaurants, the convention centre, the water...
Excellent staff, comfy rooms, clean, well-appointed...nothing to complain about.

Stayed April 2015, travelled on business
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 27 May 2015

My friend and I loved the Loden Hotel. It is centrally located and fairly easy to find and close to Stanley Park. The room was lovely and the bathroom bordered on epic--that was the best shower I'd had in a long time. The room was decorated very sleek and modern yet warm. The linens were amazing and the wifi in the room was free. They use Molton Brown bath products, which I don't love but I know that many, many people do. The staff was friendly and helpful. The restaurant in the lobby was pretty good, too. (I wouldn't make a special trip to eat there but we had a pleasant brunch there before heading out.) Overall I would absolutely stay here again. But I would find my own parking because it was $40 for one night of parking. That is significantly more than I wanted to pay. Lesson learned.

Stayed May 2015, travelled with friends
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 27 May 2015

My girlfriend and I were fortunate to discover the Loden. The rooms are terrific. You'll find all the necessary amenities for a comfortable stay at this hotel (the room came with a handheld steam iron - you don't see that everyday). The neighborhood is very quiet yet close to many coffee shops, grocery store, and restaurants. Melville is not a busy street, so unloading the car was a pleasant experience without traffic rushing by, and also made it very easy to get in/out via valet.

Walking through the other noisy streets of downtown Vancouver can be a bit much after a few days, so when returning to the surroundings of The Loden, it was like walking into a sanctuary where we could rest after a busy day of biking, hiking, and mingling through the crowds.

But The Loden truly excels because of the staff. Super friendly, polite, and extremely helpful people who are genuine. Andre the valet was especially top notch. This hotel is a hidden gem off the beaten path. We look forward to going back soon!

• Stayed May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2015 via mobile

Hotel Loden is well located within easy walking distance of downtown shops, the marina and also the park. The rooms are a good size and the staff are very helpful. The breakfast was ok, but not great and the room rate is quite expensive for what you get overall. However, good spot and nothing to really complain about, just not great.

Stayed May 2015, travelled on business
1 Thank JasonJBloom
Reviewed 26 May 2015 via mobile

Great Hotel in Vancouver.Good location and service.highly recommend as a good hotel for a holiday or business stay. Restaurant is excellent as well. Rooms are quiet and comfortable. beds. ............

• Stayed April 2015
1 Thank dctravellertop
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 26 May 2015

OK... so I read the reviews and the Loden is indeed a little farther away. We asked for and received one of the larger, upper floor rooms (suites). It was beautifully appointed and the amenities were very good. (If you're a tea drinker, see if you can get a few bags in the morning in the hallway for later.) We were able to get a deal that included free breakfast in Tableaux and that was very good. They have a taxi but it mostly drops you off and you need to find your way back. The first night we got soaked but managed to find a taxi on one of the other nights. The exercise room was odd - there were instructors in there and they made you feel like you were in the way. (Since my daughter was in gymnastics season, she needed to work out each day.) Note that they did have a yoga mat in the room but there wasn't really any yoga program on the tv to do yoga. You needed to either bring your own or just do whatever you're used to doing. Everyone was so nice, though, that it was a good stay. (I want to particularly compliment a French manager who happened to be there one morning. He really understood what we were looking to find and made great suggestions. Many of the younger staff did not really have enough knowledge to make suggestions or give directions well.)

Room Tip: free coffee & tea in the morning in the lobby, we had a great suite on an upper floor that was v...
  • Stayed March 2015, travelled with family