3,234 results
All reviews tableau restaurant london taxi stanley park steamers yoga mat car service corner room floor to ceiling windows complimentary bikes great boutique coal harbour downtown vancouver rooms are beautiful turn down service quiet street fantastic hotel valet parking
Reviewed May 15, 2016 via mobile

It is very close to the bustling centre of Vancouver and easy walking distance from the waterfront and Canada place but is found hiding in amongst the surrounding residential towers that dominate the immediate surrounds. We drove straight past it first time as is quite understated. The staff are all it seems very young but totally devoted to a real and apparently genuine service. Valet parking is available, inexpensive for the centre of Vancouver and very efficient. When your car is returned it arrives with two cold bottles of water placed in it. We did not use the room service but rather opted to use the bistro which was excellent every time. Continental breakfast is good however those looking for a hot breakfast are likely to be disappointed by the breakfast wraps which are the only thing offered. The WiFi is fast and stable and free without limitation. It is obviously not a large hotel but one I would recommend and would return to when in Vancouver. The rooms are provided for and the bathrooms interesting with excellent shower that is not over the bath.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2016

We were greeted and the car and our bags dealt with immediately. My dog was the star - welcomed at check in, lots of pats and friendly new faces saying hello. Our one bedroom suite was spacious and very comfortable. Dog biscuits, a cozy bed, bowls and of course a copy of Modern Dog for my pup. Also a very cute sign to indicate "pet" in room. For us, a very , well presented and tasty charcuterie plate and a bottle of wine set the mood for the night. The Loden is in a wonderful location and within walking distance to almost everything in the city. They offer bicycles and in just minutes you are in Stanley Park riding around the seawall with no need to worry about traffic.
All of the staff are very professional, attentive and super friendly. While in Vancouver I would recommend a stay at the Loden, it is a smaller hotel which allows very personalized service with a very warm and comfortable atmosphere.
A special thank you to Megan (sales), Monica (reception) and to Kevin (bellman).

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank bellabici2014
Reviewed May 11, 2016

Best hotel in Vancouver - well Conde Nast Traveller - your pie hole is a lie hole. Don't get me wrong - it's sort of ok, just - but it's a long ,long,long way from being the best. I had to ask 6 times for a confirmation e-mail and have still yet to receive an e-mail copy of the final bill having asked 7 times now. Room service was terrible - A salmon bagel came with 4 postage stamp size slices of salmon and for $20 for that and a coffee and orange juice I had to complain - I had to argue to get a couple of extra slices. No coffee or tea provided in the room. The air conditioning sounded like a Van Der Graff Generator it was so noisy! The view from our room was the wall of a huge condo block complete with occupants in various stages of undress. We were told a car was available to guests, however, every time we asked 6 times - it was not. The reception staff were great as were the bar staff at the Tableau.The food apart from the oysters was very average and at times inedible.Booked soley on Conde Nast review - hang your head in shane reviewer and I hope you enjoyed whatever treat you must have been given to influence your very rose tinted spectacles.

Room tip: Don't get a room facing the condos
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank RifkiBlankets
Adrien L, Manager at Loden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2016

Dear Ged B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your latest experience at the Loden and your valuable feedback. It is disappointing to read that during your stay we were not able to provide a unique experience. We are reviewing the circumstances of your stay. Your final folio has been sent, please feel free to contact me adrien.litargne@theloden.com if I can be of any further assistance.

Adrien Litargne
Guest Experience Manager

Reviewed May 11, 2016

I had a wonderful stay at the Loden Hotel! Staff were gracious, warm and professional. The location is central, but a little quieter than some of the other downtown Vancouver hotels. Lots of restaurants in the area, including Tableau attached, which was also excellent.
My room was so lovely, I didn't want to leave! Bright, with floor to ceiling windows on 2 walls, well planned out closets (with enough hangers for me!) and a bathroom that is spa-like. Deep soaker tub, shower and tub separate from the rest of the bathroom, good counter space and storage for toiletries. My room had harbour glimpses and great views of sunset & sunrise each day.
Evening turn down service with chocolates, water and even ice in the ice bucket!
They have an outstanding gym and offer the yoga channel, yoga mat in your room.
I'm already looking forward to my next visit!

Room tip: Corner rooms offer 2 walls of windows; others have a wall that moves between the bedroom & bathroom, so you can watch TV from the tub!
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed May 10, 2016

Excellent boutique hotel at two steps from the harbour, excellent restaurants and the business district.
Rooms are very clean and even the standard rooms are spacious. We stayed on the eleventh floor and there is no noise disturbance from outside (nor from neighbouring rooms or the corridor). Beds are very good as well. Breakfast is buffet style and has everything you need.
Staff (reception, concierge, manager) is very helpful, very friendly and always ready with tips and suggestions. Tell them about your plans for the day or even with open questions (not sure what we'll do today, any tips?) and they'll come up with some great suggestions. The free bicycles and complimentary taxi service downtown are small extra's that make the hotel extra special.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple