“Shared plates”

Brix & Mortar Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 4,153 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: US$14 - US$22
Cuisines: French, Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Yaletown & False Creek North
Cross street: Davie Street
Transit: Skytrain - Canada Line Yaletown stop is 1/2 block from Brix
Description: A Yaletown icon for 15+ years, Brix Restaurant has said goodbye to its downstairs cocktail lounge, George, and brought the newly renovated space together with Brix under one roof and one new name - Brix & Mortar. With the new concept comes a refreshed food and beverage program-including 60+ wines by the glass-offered with the same on-point service, starting at 5:00 pm daily. The new menu features modern Canadian cuisine with subtle French, Italian and Asian influences and locally sourced ingredients. Accessible from both Homer and Hamilton St., Brix & Mortar offers 228 seats, with 80 situated over two outdoor patios, including the iconic outdoor courtyard-a favourite for hosted events and weddings. The downstairs space has undergone an exciting redesign, creating a fine-dining room suitable for any occasion or appetite.
Reviewed June 18, 2017 via mobile

Shared plates and red wine
Dropped in on Brix and Mortar
Decided on a bunch of shared plates
We had the lamb
Squid
Scallops with risotto
Tuna
Muscles
The good and the bad!
The lamb was flavourful but over cooked
The squid was so salty I think the chef forgot to taste it first
The tuna salad was perfect
The scallops were perfect, great sear but the risotto was very meaty and greasy from the bacon.
Muscles were perfect
The waiter was very nice.
The atmosphere was decent and my cab-sav ( Californian ) perfect.
I think more attention was needed by the chefs.
Cheers

Date of visit: June 2017
2  Thank Bckingfisher

Reviewed June 1, 2017

Upon entering Brix & Mortar, we loved the atmosphere - the music, the staff, the décor - and knew that this was going to be a great experience. I had the Beef Tenderloin and my son had the Spinach Risotto, both were absolutely delicious! I also had a cocktail that was easily the best! I can't recall the exact name of it, but it had "Canada" in the name. The presentation was on point and the quality was second to none.

1  Thank Rhonda B
Reviewed May 28, 2017 via mobile

We were celebrating my daughter's graduation. She picked this restaurant. Normally I have simpler tastes when choosing a restaurant. After looking at the menu online, I was not sure what I would think. I was very pleasantly surprised. I had the pork chop. It was served with homemade Kimchi (may not be spelled right) rice. The sauce on the pork chop had a spicy kick to it. I really enjoyed it but not for someone who does not like some heat. The duck breast was perfectly cooked and extremely tender. We also ordered a couple of sides. The Brussel sprouts were fantastic. They had a good selection of wines to choose from. I ordered a flight of red wines. It was a great way to sample a few different flavors. Make sure you save some room for dessert. The chocolate mousse was rich and light at the same time. The Southern strawberry shortcake the is good for sharing. We had a really good server who made great recommendations. There is a courtyard when you first come in that looks very romantic. If I was going back with my wife, I would ask for that.

1  Thank mikefromto
Reviewed May 3, 2017

Brix is a fantastic restaurant spread across two levels and a romantic brick walled courtyard located in the Yaletown neighbourhood of Vancouver. The food is always fantastic, there is a diverse and evolving selection of beer available, and always great service. We were fortunate to have our wedding reception in the courtyard which is perfect for up to 95 or so people and the reception in the restaurant. Truly a professional experience all around!

Date of visit: February 2017
2  Thank Steve S
Reviewed May 3, 2017 via mobile

Visited this restaurant a couple of years ago but we couldn't get in b/c of a private function. This time we were in luck!
The staff was friendly knowledgeable and attentive. The food and wine was amazing!
Having never seen 'flights' of wine before we had to try! One flight (essentially 3 tasters)from the home Province B.C. Region and one from France neither disappointed! We also had a cheese tray, mussels in a delicious wine and garlic sauce and the tuna. Try it out! You won't be sorry!

1  Thank jasont510