“Tasty Meats in Trendy Neighborhood”

Brix & Mortar Restaurant
Ranked #60 of 3,893 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: US$15 - US$23
Cuisines: French, Canadian
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Yaletown & False Creek North
Cross street: Davie Street
Transit: Skytrain - Canada Line Yaletown stop is 1/2 block from Brix
Description: A Yaletown icon for 15+ years, Brix Restaurant has said goodbye to its downstairs cocktail lounge, George, and brought the newly renovated space together with Brix under one roof and one new name - Brix & Mortar. With the new concept comes a refreshed food and beverage program-including 60+ wines by the glass-offered with the same on-point service, starting at 5:00 pm daily. The new menu features modern Canadian cuisine with subtle French, Italian and Asian influences and locally sourced ingredients. Accessible from both Homer and Hamilton St., Brix & Mortar offers 228 seats, with 80 situated over two outdoor patios, including the iconic outdoor courtyard-a favourite for hosted events and weddings. The downstairs space has undergone an exciting redesign, creating a fine-dining room suitable for any occasion or appetite.
Reviewed 19 July 2017

It's hard to get a reservation here, but worth it. We dined indoors, but at a lovely window (the courtyard was booked forever). The restaurant has a great selection of meat dishes. I had the delicious Brome Lake Duck Breast with chorizo and Mon Cherie had the yummy Prosciutto Wrapped Sea Scallops. We also got the lamb skewers, which were a disappointment -- dry ground lamb pressed onto a stick.

1  Thank Larry B

Reviewed 19 July 2017

An outstanding experience was had by our entire party of 7. David the owner, runs a classy restaurant. Well trained staff and superb food. I had a pork chop which was to die for!

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Came here for a highly anticipated dinner for 6 on a Friday night and things did not disappoint.

I can only attest to the food that I ordered (and sampled); the bourbon chicken pâté with pickled grapes and crackers and toast was perfect, buttery, chickeny and the perfect pickled accoutrement to cut through the richness. Then I had the Brome Lake duck breast and it was cooked to my liking (medium rare) with pickled peaches and, essentially, chorizo and cornbread hash and finished my meal with the southern strawberry shortcake. And a few house cocktails, which I don't remember the names of, the lychee one came in a Chinese take out container and the other one had a turmeric rim

Everything was delicious and could not be improved on. Our server was fantastic (I didn't get his name) and very attentive, friendly and chatty without being intrusive.

Gorgeous setting with even better food.

2  Thank Ee-JinL
Reviewed 29 June 2017

On June 21, 2017, we had our wedding ceremony & reception at Brix and Mortar.
We cannot say enough about the venue and the Brix team. Jennifer guided us through the process of planning and put together an incredible dining experience for our guests and she did it all within our budget. The food was amazing.

The Brix team truly was a 'dream team' who were never more than a few feet away to make sure everyone had what they needed. Sonya was like a wedding coordinator, she directed guests, the wedding party, cued music and kept us all calm and comfortable. The venue is pure magic and everyone who attended is raving about all of the above.

Thank you Jennifer and the team who worked the day of our wedding.

3  Thank Hollyfras10
Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

Shared plates and red wine
Dropped in on Brix and Mortar
Decided on a bunch of shared plates
We had the lamb
Squid
Scallops with risotto
Tuna
Muscles
The good and the bad!
The lamb was flavourful but over cooked
The squid was so salty I think the chef forgot to taste it first
The tuna salad was perfect
The scallops were perfect, great sear but the risotto was very meaty and greasy from the bacon.
Muscles were perfect
The waiter was very nice.
The atmosphere was decent and my cab-sav ( Californian ) perfect.
I think more attention was needed by the chefs.
Cheers