“Funky local restaurant” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Subeez Cafe - CLOSED

Subeez Cafe
Price range: US$7 - US$22
Cuisines: American, Bar, International, Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Yaletown & False Creek North
Description: Think of us as your neighbourhood cafe.restaurant.bar in the downtown. At Subeez we make room for everyone. We do not discriminate against age, race, gender, sexuality, politics or musical taste. However, you’d better still be a Canucks/Lions fan.We take reservations for all sizes -- up to 225 people.There is a beauty here.
Calgary, AB
“Funky local restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

Great place for a drink and a snack (and meal, I'm sure). I'd been once before for brunch (also great). This time we were there to meet friends before heading out.

Shannon our server was friendly and attentive. Yam fries were awesome (and gigantic). Drink service was quick.

Fun atmosphere; nice tall ceilings, great music.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
SubeezCRB, Public Relations Manager at Subeez Cafe, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Thank you for your review!

Vancouver
“Service was great; food was ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

I met up with a couple of friends for lunch at Subeez Cafe, Downtown. The place is quite spacious inside and according to one of my friends - has some cool art pieces that move around all the time (you never know where to expect them).

I had the classic Eggs Benedict, which came with a nice salad and some hash browns. The eggs benny was pretty standard fare. My friends had burgers with garlic mayo fries, though the fries were a bit limp. At $12-$13 per person, this place felt a bit steep.

However, our waitress was awesome. Really nice, fast...and when it came time to give us our change, she handed them out to each individual according to what we were each owed...without us asking. Super cool.

Vancouver, Canada
“Not bad, service was a bit slow”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

We went to Subeez for a beer after a movie on a Thursday night. What was quite nice was there was a Jazz band playing which gave some great atmosphere. We all had a round of beers which were good, but the service wasn't great. My wife's beer arrived without a glass and she asked for one, it took so long to arrive that someone in our group got up and took one from behind the bar. When we asked for the bill, that also seemed to take a while to get to us. These are small things really, overall the atmosphere and the beer was good.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
SubeezCRB, Public Relations Manager at Subeez Cafe, responded to this review, 16 March 2012
Thanks for taking time out of your day to review us. We definitely strive for better service standards than what your experience was, and will continue to make sure even the "small things" are looked after. We're happy to hear you enjoyed the Jazz band! It's a relatively new event we have on Thursday's and we hope to keep it going as a regular event.
Vancouver, Canada
“Very Nice!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

My husband and I ate at Subeez purely because of the menu. Plus, who doesn't want to see a place that refers to itself as a cafe/restaurant/bar? The decor is a little weird, but funky in its own way - we really liked the character of the restaurant. The menu is wonderful, with lots of choices (including vegetarian) and top quality ingredients. Service was fine, nothing outstanding, but in Vancouver it seems hard to find exceptional service in restaurants. The food was EXCELLENT, and I haven't stopped thinking about it since we went. I think they pay close attention to keeping their ingredients fresh and flavorful. It was quite a pleasant experience, and I look forward to going back. Seems like the perfect place to go with a group.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for the review, bnote. We're glad you enjoyed the food and atmosphere, and are excited you'll be coming back!
Calgary, Canada
“There is a heaven, ...it's called Radiatore”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

On my two most recent outings to Subeez, I discovered possibly one of the most delicious (in my opinion, and my mother's) dishes ever -

Tiger Prawn & Chorizo Radiatore.

Apparently it may not be on the menu much longer, so try it while you can. There is nothing not to love, unless you're highly adverse to mushroom taste. Great value too, and even though it's a pretty small portion, it fills you up, - and makes your taste buds very happy!!

(The steak has also been highly appreciated by my boyfriend as well, who wanted steak for dessert too, after his main course.)

Some great food coming out of the Subeez kitchen lately!

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SubeezCRB, Public Relations Manager at Subeez Cafe, responded to this review, 8 March 2012
Pdove! Glad you loved the Prawn & Chorizo Radiatore. The good news is we have no intention of taking it off the menu, so you (and anyone) can come in and enjoy it anytime.