“Sushi With a Flare”

Neighbourhood: Kitsilano
Vancouver, Canada
“Sushi With a Flare”
Reviewed 1 February 2012

-One of the most exotic and upbeat sushi restaurants in Vancouver. North America's take on sushi with candle lit tables with club music. Always pack so be sure to go early or reserve a table

• Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
“Funky sushi”
Reviewed 14 January 2012

Love this place! Been coming to this place for years! Large selection of food and drinks. Cool, out of this world art decor.
This place is crazy super busy.So come early or make reservations. Usually there is a dj on site. My favorite thing to order is the captain crunch. It's like a california roll but deep fried! Yummy! Fat elvis (deep fried avacados) is really good too!

The only thing I can say is that the service has gone down hill. There has been a couple of times they had lost our reservation or called to make one but no one answered. Slow service to just even get water after being seated.

However, I love the sushi here which is why I keep coming back.

• Visited December 2011
Richmond, Canada
“Amazing Atmosphere”
Reviewed 13 January 2012

Really good prices and an extensive and unique menu.

Mainly Japanese cuisine like rolls and rice bowls though there were other things as well, definitely something for everyone.

The had the average rolls that you could find at any Japanese restaurant but then they also had a huge amount of rolls unique to their restaurant with interesting and cool names.

I'm a vegetarian myself and usually find myself sticking to the same 5-10 items while out for sushi but here I was trying all new things and it was exciting and delicious, I really enjoyed this restaurant and how they manage to successfully cater to everyone.

(Huge drink menu too)

• Visited December 2011
Mission, BC
“Fave with students”
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Lots of atmosphere, dark loud - fun for the students. Great variety of sushi rolls with novel names

Seattle
“I <3 The Eatery”
Reviewed 1 October 2011

The Eatery is one of my favorite places in Vancouver. It is a Vancouver must for me. The menu is HUGE. Tons of sushi rolls for every level of sushi eating. I myself am a sushi neophyte and tend to go for the fancy or vegetable rolls and there are so many to choose from and there hasn't been one that I haven't liked. My sushi loving friends go for the nigiri and "real" sushi and they say those are quite good as well. I came with a coworker who lives in Colorado and he said that he wouldn't be able to enjoy his local sushi place after eating here because of how fresh and tasty his sushi was. The service has been good every time I've gone, and it was particularly good this last time. Our server gave us complimentary beers for taking too long and frankly, we hadn't noticed a delay especially considering that it was pretty busy. Score another one for The Eatery! I don't know how it compares to other places in Vancouver, but I think the prices for rolls here are so good, especially compared to comparable places in Seattle where they're twice as much. Three of us ate a LOT of rolls and several drinks and I thought the price was totally reasonable. As many people have mentioned, it is pretty loud in here so if you're looking for meditative silence, not really the place. But if you want a fun, cool, and tasty place to eat...this is a great choice.

• Visited October 2011