“Great food .. drink sizes whoa (If I didn't know any better...)”

La Casita Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #495 of 4,186 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed January 17, 2019

La casita has wonderful food and chill vibes. A great place to relax, get some of your favorite Mexican food and drinks. The selection of drinks is really wide and some of the drink sizes are seriously almost meant to get you drunk if not careful. The service was really great with friendly and helpful servers. It is in Gastown one of the popular places in downtown Vancouver therefore the traffic is heavy both for tourists and locals.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed January 13, 2019 via mobile

I ordered the tortilla soup and combo #7 which consists of 1 chicken taco, 1 chorizo chimichanga, 2 beef enchiladas, Mexican rice, and salad. Meals are served with complimentary tortilla chips and 2 dips.
Service is quick and friendly, the fiesta vibe is very cheerful, the food is amazing, and portions are generous. Come with an appetite! Would definitely recommend La Casita if you’re looking for some tasty Mexican food in Gastown.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed January 13, 2019

I went to the restaurant and the service and food were good, however when I paid with my debit card the machine was not working so the transaction was canceled.
They bring another machine and the payment was complete.
Next day I notice the system charge me twice so I came back to the restaurant to let them know and they just said me to talk directly with the company that processes the payments because the cannot fix it and is not the first time that something like that happened.
For me that was a weird solution, anyways I call the company and the said to me they can not do anything, the business should fix this not the customer and they just suggest me to call my bank or go to the restaurant again.
So, in the end, I just not coming back to the restaurant unless I can pay with cash because the servers let me know is not the first time happening, so just be careful with it so you don't get charge twice!

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed December 29, 2018 via mobile

Good for the price, some good happy hour drinks options. Food was only ok, service was quick and friendly, in a friendly and cheery place. Good think it’s well priced as it’s not too bad for the price. 4 of us ate well for just over $100

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed December 21, 2018 via mobile

When I lived in Vancouver this was our go-to Mexican restaurant. Away for 4 years I needed a fix and we weren’t disappointed. The menu whilst essentially the same has actually expanded some items. Same quality. Same delicious taste. Well done.

Date of visit: December 2018