“A great place for Korean food”

SURA Korean Cuisine
Ranked #50 of 4,118 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Korean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Robson Street
Description: Sura Korean Royal Cuisine Restaurant Vancouver Located in the heart of Downtown Vancouver, find the award-winning Korean restaurant, SURA. Glimpse into the true culinary art of Korean Royal Cuisine, SURA has been delivering excellent Korean dining experience to connoisseurs of great food in Vancouver since 2008. While appreciating the interior that weaves a modern aesthetic through Korean traditional atmosphere, you can expect the fineness of sophisticated authentic yet contemporary Korean cuisine by our master chef Sang-jo Han. SURA is moving into its sixth year with a flourish: the restaurant has received its third Vancouver Restaurant Awards from Vancouver Magazine and reviews continue to extol its delights. Our commitment to authentic Korean Royal Cuisine makes SURA the ideal dining destination for Vancouverites and visitors alike and our attentive staff will ensure that your event is memorable. You will enjoy what the best korean restaurant in Vancouver has to offer.
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Stopped in for a quick lunch, and had very good Bi Bim Bap. Well prepared ingiredients in a hot stone bowl with crispy rice clinging to the bowl surface - like authentic Bi Bim Bap should be. Side dishes were good with tangy kimchi and other accompaniments.

Reviewed February 22, 2018 via mobile

We went to Sura for lunch on Thursday 22nd and had the table d'hôte menu(Ra menu) for two. I though that all the side dishes, rice & soup should be served all at once. But they served first some side dishes one by one and then rice and the rest instead. So we couldn't eat most expensive dishes because they served them almost at the end of our eating.

The Glass noodles and Galbi served were too sweet. And besides, the menu had no table BBQ like their second restaurant near the airport, which made us feel a little bit disappointed. I think Sura close to the airport is much better than this one in downtown.

My husband ordered a glass of ginger ale halfway through the lunch and a tall waitress with glasses took his order and said 'yes' but never came back and just ignored. The waiters & waitresses here weren't attentive at all.
I hope they will offer better services next time.

Reviewed February 19, 2018

Exceptional experience! Sura Korean Cusine is a very nice place to dine, especially for brunch. We were five people and we ordered the 20 dollars main course. The food was very tasty, fresh and in a great quantity.We had quick service, which was one of the things that surprised me the most. The servers were very polite, neat and always in our service.Moreover, they have created a peaceful environment and the decoration is fitting perfectly with the type of the restaurant they promote.There are only a couple of things I would like mention such as our table and the dessert. The table we were seated at was not big enough for the food we ordered and as a result, it was too packed with no space for our personal stuff (like wallet or phone). As far as the dessert is concerned, there was no dessert option which was a slightly disappointing but at the end, they offered us a sweet traditional Korean drink which was good enough. Overall, our experience was really nice and is a place that I would definitely recommend to all ages.

Reviewed December 12, 2017 via mobile

Based on a tip from a local bartender, my friends and I went here for their lunch special. This was one of the best lunches, and experiences, we’ve ever had!!! You must do this if you like or want to try authentic Korean food. Warning... come starving because it’s a ton of amazing food. The special has about 15 small plates that provide balance of veggies and meets. Also, show up right at 11:am when they open otherwise be prepared to wait a bit for a table.

Reviewed November 5, 2017 via mobile

Had a late lunch here today with a friend from university - wow what an amazing spot. The Kilbi and dumplings are the best I’ve had. Will be back for sure next time I’m in Vancouver. Best Korean restaurant I’ve eaten at. The interior design and food presentation is wonderful.