“A very pleasant brunch.”
Review of Fireside Grill

Fireside Grill
Ranked #73 of 1,289 Restaurants in Victoria
Price range: US$7 - US$22
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Fireside Grill is a wonderfully refurbished heritage manor with an upbeat atmosphere ideal for casual fine dining to small or large parties. The Fireside blends European & Asian recipes with proven West Coast favourites. We source many of our ingredients from local producers and farmers. We believe that farm to table is the best way to showcase our great local cuisine. Come and enjoy our 3 course -$25 menu offered every evening till November.
Reviewed November 5, 2018 via mobile

The house and the dining area are really beautiful, and the service was prompt and friendly. The abundant brunch items varied from very good to average. The eggs Benedict needed a lot of help - more hollandaise and less poaching. Excellent salads and charcuterie.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed October 31, 2018

My parents took us here for a special dinner during our visit out west and it was beautiful. They'd reserved their favourite table in the corner of the huge dining room, by the fireplace and overlooking the patio. While not expansive, the menu had plenty of choice. We all had the Farm to Table Selection and we all enjoyed our meals - while the portions were artfully small, no one left hungry! I can personally vouch for the wild mushroom soup, red prawn & blue crab ravioli, and the twin chocolate & raspberry torte. One thing to be aware of if you're with older people with any hearing limitations, it can get kind of loud when the restaurant is in full swing, which can make conversation a little more difficult. Would definitely recommend if you're in the area.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed October 28, 2018

My Halibut was cooked to perfection and so tasty. My husband's Baby Back Ribs fell off the bone. Highly recommend both dishes, we were seated by the fireplace which was cozy. We bring our out of town friends here for a great meal.The service and atmosphere are excellent !

Reviewed October 23, 2018

we took 5 people us included for a dinner. I HAD THE FARM TO TABLE SPECIAL 28$ got a passable salad entre was 3 ravioli 3 shrimp 3 minute pieces of squash, approx 2 inches by 1/2 inch thick with a tasteless black sauce sprayed on the plate. desert was a very good chocolate torte with raspberry sauce which almost rescued but not quite the meal. portions were small large plates. service was excellent cost 199$ and I almost stopped for a burger on the way home. Will not repeat

2  Thank bailey m
Reviewed October 15, 2018 via mobile

The Fireside Grill is nothing if not gorgeous. The restaurant is situated in an Edwardian-style manor, and the main dining room is especially beautiful, with its large fireplace and cavernous ceiling.

The menu is full of enticing choices, and the scallops and pork belly that I had was simply delicious. My partner's stuffed chicken was also quite tasty, and the overall feeling was very positive. The chocolate raspberry torte at the end was a wonderful way to end the meal.

The stumbling point came at the very end, however. While I understand and am happy to pay an elevated price for quality ingredients and masterful cooking, I expect it to be commensurate with what I'm getting. Four dollars for some soda water, out of a can or keg somewhere, stinks of unnecessary and artificial gouging. Though it left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth, overall the food, service and ambience make it hard not to enjoy your visit to Fireside Grill.