“Should have had a pannekoek”

De Dutch Pannekoek House
Ranked #522 of 1,212 Restaurants in Victoria
Reviewed 31 May 2017

This chain used to be better. Or maybe the other restaurants in this chain are better than this one. Either way I remember this more fondly than the reality of it was.

We've been here lots over the years. Not this specific location but the chain. The pancakes are generally delicious. Neither my wife nor I had one so for all I know they still are.

My wife had a scramble. It was good and huge. The hash browns with it were nasty - apparently their deep fryer is broken. The fruit that came with it was all dried out on the surface as if it had sat in the fridge pre-sliced for hours - days - who knows?

I had one of their burgers as I remember them being great. It was OK. A bit too drippy to eat holding in your hands as it soaked through the bun right away. No fries as - again - the deep fryer was broken (how do you run a restaurant that fries so many food when your deep fryer is broken?!?)

The price point is a bit high but then I always find breakfast food too expensive.

We'll go back but I think we'll stick to the pannekoeks.

There are newer reviews for De Dutch Pannekoek House

Reviewed 26 February 2017

Been years since last time so my husband and I were excited. He ordered The Hash; I, the Chicken Pear Sandwich. He loved the pannekoek 'base' - he said it was perfect! But he said the hash is so-so. The Chicken Pear Sandwich is good. What was great is the service!

Reviewed 1 February 2017

We came here to meet friends and have a business discussion over brunch.

The food was excellent, as was the service. Jen was very attentive and professional.

The only drawback (that did not affect us) is that there is very limited seating so, if you're coming here during regular meal hours, come early.

if you're wondering, these pannekoeks (pancakes) are thin, like crepes, but as large as a large dinner plate, and loaded with your choices, PLUS real maple syrup.

Try it and you'll be back!!!!

Reviewed 22 August 2016

Imagine finding a typical dutch pancake house in Vancouver--in fact there are several restaurants in the franchise in the area. The service was quick and friendly, the coffee excellent, the pancakes thin and covered generously with toppings, all dishes served hot and fast. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

Absolutely first class restaurant for good food, excellent service, and a great overall experience . Franchise restaurant that is easy to miss but not easy to forget. Waitress Joanne is fabulous with kids and makes everyone feel special. My grandson and I love it- he loves the grilled cheese and fruit while I'm the eggs Benny guy.
Happy to recomend!