“Excellent food @ Frankies”

Frankie's Modern Diner
Ranked #24 of 1,223 Restaurants in Victoria
Price range: US$4 - US$20
Description: Frankie's Modern Diner is an update of the classic diner, serving fresh from scratch cooking and retro cocktails. Open breakfast 'til late.
Reviewed 27 June 2016

Frankie's Modern Diner is an excellent place to eat and drink excellent Kraft Beer. The servers are great, and Frank wanders around helping and asking if everything is to your liking. I have had four meals there in the last two weeks and I just keep going back. The pepperoni mushroom pizza is excellent and more than enough for one person. Fresh ingredients and excellent crust. I had the Tree Hugger breakfast with poached eggs that were perfection...that takes a lot for me to say! I have also tried the mozzarella sticks and diner fries....again excellent. You really cant go wrong with the food, the service and the location in the heart of the harbour. If you are visiting from a cruise ship or the ferries from the US...you have to drop in you will love it!!

2  Thank JRobert_ONeill

Reviewed 27 June 2016 via mobile

Came across by accident but glad we did. The restaurant is new and well furnished. We chose a window seat which was very comfortable and made our selection from the menu. The food was very tasty and well presented, price was very reasonable.

1  Thank guest2302
Reviewed 27 June 2016

You can't really see into this place from the street (you have to go up some stairs to get in), so I wasn't sure what to expect from a place with "Diner" in it's name. Truthfully, it's not a diner in that sense of the word - but it is in the sense of nostalgia in there. We went to dinner on the early side, around 5 pm, and there weren't many people in there. By the time we left, it was starting to get crowded. I had the Diner Mac and Cheese, which was delicious. My husband had the chicken parmesan, which he said was very good. I had a slice of cheesecake with mango sauce for dessert. My husband had one of those chocolate lava cakes. You can't go wrong with one of those! The price seemed reasonable. They are open from early to late, for whatever you may be craving. The service was very friendly - our server actually chatted with us on multiple occasions.

1  Thank Carol A
Reviewed 25 June 2016

Never having been to Victoria before we just happened by Frankie's Modern Diner at lunch time. After we were seated we found out they had recently opened. They already have their act together though and we were served a very nice lunch. I opted for a hamburger and fries along with one of the beers they have on tap. Maybe not gourmet but very tasty.

1  Thank cologio
Reviewed 23 June 2016

We happened upon Frankie's while visiting Victoria recently and we are so glad we did! The six of us ordered something different and we all loved our dinner. The servers are friendly and there is a very warm feel about being there. I look forward to returning in the future!

2  Thank Robbi H