New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Marine Wildlife Tour by Zodiac
Ranked #5 of 97 Tours in Victoria
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: WHALE WATCH with SpringTide on the 84 passenger, 61-foot Marauder. Experience the joy, excitement and wonderful memories of our mammals, whales, porpoise, seals and marine birds! Enjoy complimentary beverages while listening to professional biologists provide informative narrations. Or, join an exhilarating excursion onboard one of our high-speed, open Zodiacs.SPORTFISH year round for Salmon & Halibut on SpringTide’s 42’ Sporfisher.
Nova Scotia
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“Save your money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2011

We were assured that there were Orcas seen on the previous days tours. According to the guy in the office there were upwards of 60 Orcas viewed. We really wanted to see Orcas in the wild. We are fully aware that anything like a whale watching tour is subject to nature and is a gamble as to whether you see anything or not. However, all we saw was ONE humpback whale at a great distance ( they are not allowed to go any closer than 200 meters) and it was only shallow diving. We did get some pictures of its dorsal side. Other than that and a few ugly harbour seals we didn't see much. This trip cost over $200 for a couple and we were crammed into the boat for 2.5 hours with tons of kids running all over the place. ( some parents are very relaxed about letting their small children run all over a boat that is clipping along at 20 knots- smarten up people.) It sure wasn't what I hoped it would be.We went out whale watching a couple of years ago in Tofino, had a blast and saw tons of wild life. I guess it just depends on the season and the animals, it's a gamble I know, but this just felt a little like a rip off. Save your money on whale watching in Victoria.

Visited August 2011
1 Thank nsjetsetters

ct
88 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 90 helpful votes
“Tons of whales!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2011

Great covered boat for those that want the choice of being inside part of the time. Saw so many whales. Helpful crew who were extremely knowledgeable.

1 Thank lovetotravelCt
Victoria, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Who knew being a tourist in your own town would be this exciting?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2011

For the first time in my life, I became a "tourist" in my own town... WOW!!! Is about all I can muster out... I took my two boys on a two hour whale watching tour, and to tell you the truth, I thought for sure I wasn't going to see anything. I was totally mistake. Seeing an Orca on T.V. is nothing to experiencing it in person. My boys were so excited about it, words can't even describe the emotions that were taking place.
The sunset was beautiful, the crew members were terrific...very informative and extremely polite... The "Captain"...well, what can I say? He did an awesome job navigating us close to the Pods, yet respecting the whale's distance... Thank you for a memorable time well spent with the crew and my boys...we will never forget it!

Visited August 2011
1 Thank Porkchopprincess1976
Victoria, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Incredible time! Can't wait to do this again :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

The staff are friendly and welcoming, the Captains are knowledgeable with a great sense of humour. We saw so many whales and other wildlife, amazing tour! Thanks Springtide :)

Visited July 2011
1 Thank luvmeggie
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“so many whales”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2011

wow what a trip!
So many whales in so little time.
So L pod playing and then all types of wildlife coming back, 2 great guides both University educated,warm drinks and more
Not sure what Mr Berlin expected NOBODY gives money back, grow up!

Visited July 2011