“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Marine Wildlife Tour by Zodiac
Ranked #4 of 105 Tours in Victoria
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: WHALE WATCH with SpringTide on the 84 passenger, 61-foot Marauder. Experience the joy, excitement and wonderful memories of our mammals, whales, porpoise, seals and marine birds! Enjoy complimentary beverages while listening to professional biologists provide informative narrations. Or, join an exhilarating excursion onboard one of our high-speed, open Zodiacs.SPORTFISH year round for Salmon & Halibut on SpringTide’s 42’ Sporfisher.
Victoria, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2011

This is a wonderful way to spend a sunny afternoon! I have lived in Victoria most of my life, but I didn't go whale watching until this summer. I am really glad that I did. The staff was very friendly and informative. We saw many pods of whales and other marine life. I would definitely recommend this to anyone that visits Victoria!

3 Thank Erica W

wuhan, china
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Worth the Money!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2011

My girlfriend and I had a fantastic time. The boat was very clean and we were served a selection of drinks. The guide was a former marine biologist and very especially informative when explaining the marine life that we encountered. We were able to view several large pods of whales. It was an enriching experience and I would do it again.

3 Thank shane m
Calgary, Canada
140 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 163 helpful votes
“Well taken care of, felt safe in their hands - - and saw whales ...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2011

This is my second whale watching tour, first one in Alaska. We were travelling with our five year old grandson on his first trip with nana and pops. Springtide Whale Tours took care of use, they were genuinely interested in our safety and our comfort. Loads of information for those interested.

The big boat had lots of inside warm area for the travelling period. And lots of outside room for the viewings. We saw loadsof orca's - there were a number of boats in the area - some closer than others to the whales. A couple of extra stops to view sea lions, seals and seaweed made the trip enjoyable and before we knew it , we back in harbor. Three hour tour --- like Gilligan but more Thurston Howell 3rd pricey - but you gotta pay to play and costs are huge I am sure. Two warnings - 1.- take warm clothtes - - 2- anyone that may tend to get sea sick should weigh your risk. Our party did not but others did and three hours, sick on a boat is a long time.

3 Thank Malone2
Nova Scotia
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 88 helpful votes
“Save your money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2011

We were assured that there were Orcas seen on the previous days tours. According to the guy in the office there were upwards of 60 Orcas viewed. We really wanted to see Orcas in the wild. We are fully aware that anything like a whale watching tour is subject to nature and is a gamble as to whether you see anything or not. However, all we saw was ONE humpback whale at a great distance ( they are not allowed to go any closer than 200 meters) and it was only shallow diving. We did get some pictures of its dorsal side. Other than that and a few ugly harbour seals we didn't see much. This trip cost over $200 for a couple and we were crammed into the boat for 2.5 hours with tons of kids running all over the place. ( some parents are very relaxed about letting their small children run all over a boat that is clipping along at 20 knots- smarten up people.) It sure wasn't what I hoped it would be.We went out whale watching a couple of years ago in Tofino, had a blast and saw tons of wild life. I guess it just depends on the season and the animals, it's a gamble I know, but this just felt a little like a rip off. Save your money on whale watching in Victoria.

1 Thank nsjetsetters
ct
88 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“Tons of whales!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2011

Great covered boat for those that want the choice of being inside part of the time. Saw so many whales. Helpful crew who were extremely knowledgeable.

1 Thank lovetotravelCt