“Lots of Options”
Review of Nautical Nellies

Nautical Nellies
Reserve with OpenTable
Nautical Nellies is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #57 of 1,271 Restaurants in Victoria
Price range: US$12 - US$31
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Broughton
Description: Nautical Nellies has been serving delicious premium aged steak and Ocean Wise seafood to Victoria for 20 years. Overlooking the inner harbour, the restaurant's heated patio and cozy interior set the tone to enjoy great food and wine from our award-winning list. The oyster bar hosts a large selection of fresh oysters with varieties from the Pacific Northwest and East Coast, and allows guests to watch their oysters be shucked right in front of them. Adjacent to the oyster bar is a traditional, gourmet and fusion sushi bar that serves beautifully plated sushi of the finest quality. OpenTable's "100 Best Outdoor Dining Restaurants in Canada 2017" Victoria News "Best of the City" - Best Steak & Best Seafood for 2014, 2015, 2016 Wine Spectator "Award of Excellence 2016"
Reviewed July 1, 2017 via mobile

Dined here twice, once for happy hour and then for a late lunch 2 days later. We were very pleased on both occasions. A highlight for me was their Fanny Bay Fried Oysters, simply outstanding and the tartar sauce was a great lemony-mayo type. My gluten free wife had the seafood chowder and she was one happy lady. Then she had the Shrimp, Crab and Mango Stack and it was over the top. Meanwhile I was enjoying the Seafood Crock Pot, a blend of salmon, shrimp and crab with veggies covered over by a puff pastry and baked and served with a side salad. All it needed was a pinch of salt to finish it off. This is a place we would return to again and again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,508)

Reviewed July 1, 2017

Well imagine trying to get a table on Canada Day 150 but we managed it and were not disappointed. Despite being very busy we had a great welcome and attentive service throughout the meal. Starter of seafood tacos had lovely flavour with a gentle kick. Time for a healthy option and the seafood salad was delicious, full of a variety of fresh seafood and complementary dressing. Liqueur coffee to finish. To pull off really good food in a busy restaurant with a lot of covers deserves credit. Would definitely re-visit.

Reviewed June 30, 2017

Lots of seafood. My spouse wanted King crab for his birthday dinner and his surf and turf didn't disappoint. (steak rare as requested and crab legs cooked perfectly) I had the very good paella which had just the right amount of heat for me. The seafood in the paella was not overcooked, sometimes a difficult feat when scallops are included. Our server was attentive without being intrusive. She took care to check the details of my spouse's allergy to scallops. There was a good selection of wines from which to choose. The birthday boy received a delicious cheese cake dessert topped with candle courtesy of Nautical Nellies and I ordered a sumptuous triple chocolate parfait. We topped everything off with specialty coffees.

Reviewed June 30, 2017 via mobile

I have some really great meals including fabulous sea food on both coasts of canada. We were visiting friends in Victoria and want to take them for dinner. My husband had his heart set on cedar plank salmon. We went to Nautical Nellies, on the inner Harbour in downtown Victoria. As it's close to Canada day there was a night market and live bands close to the restaurant.

I've had some wonderful memorable meals in my life and this one, right up there at the top. All four of us said fantastic food. Reservations are recommended because it gets quite busy. You can park in the public lot on the Harbourside. It less than 1/2 block.

If I thought the food was wonderful the dessert was even better. Never experienced or seen anything the chocolate orb. Hmmmmm

Reviewed June 28, 2017 via mobile

Had a wonderful mesk with a great view. WhT more could you ask for? Well the company was terrific and the service superb!!!