“An EPIC brew pub dinner on the water.”
Review of Canoe Brewpub

Canoe Brewpub
Ranked #5 of 27 Nightlife in Victoria
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Great handcrafted beer, a diverse award-winning wine list, a pub, a lounge, a dining room, patios, knowledgeable staff and free parking - all in one stunning location!
Reviewed June 15, 2015 via mobile

What can a say but we brought warm temps with us and found an excellent outdoor dinner brew pub on the water. They brew on site and you can tell. Get the dark ale. Kids meals were $10 and nicely done. The mac and cheese was homemade and my steak was perfect.

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"appies"
"canada"

Reviewed June 14, 2015

Noisy and very busy but we enjoyed the food and service. Beer drinkers were thrilled with their selections.

Reviewed May 12, 2015

It's neat, after all our visits to Victoria, to find this place - it has a great location and the historic building with a view of the shipyards is awesome....it probably 'rocks' when there is live music. Service was attentive and we enjoyed our afternoon stopover. We would go again.

CanoeBrewpub450, Manager at Canoe Brewpub, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2015

Thank you 'dascoop' for coming in! We're happy you enjoyed the atmosphere, food and service. The local bands put on a great show and its a great atmosphere. Next time you are in town, be sure to stop by for the live music every thurs-sat 9:30-late as its no cover!

Reviewed April 4, 2015

Happened to stumble upon a most remarkable spot in Victoria this week and wanted to give it a big pat on the back.

The Canoe Brew Pub is tucked away on the inner harbor (450 Swift Street) but well worth the effort to hunt it down. The pub is an old industrial building (formerly the City Lights Building - circa 1894) and just beautiful. Looks like this is THE happening spot in summer since there is an enormous patio/deck area adjacent. We wandered in around 2:00pm (on a Tuesday) and it was pretty hoppin’ (couldn’t resist).

The bartender/server (Ryan) was perfectly amiable and seriously efficient - and immediately walked me through the Canoe handcrafted beer sampler. I’m a bit of a beer snot (that’s worse than a snob) and I’ve got to tell you that there wasn’t a (4oz) taster in the flight (of 5) that wasn’t fabulous. My wife ended up with a pint of the pale ale and I found the dark ale the go to - even though I’m usually an IPA guy - and even grabbed a “Meowler” (32oz Growler) to haul back to WA.

We also enjoyed the menu immensely – with a good variety of fabulous offerings amongst our group. Chicken Sandwich “Sarnie” was absolutely amazing, fish and chips were excellent and the Cobb salad enormous. The Chipotle Yam soup was a spicy and flavorful delight.

Also of note is the pubs designation as a one of Vancouver Islands “Greenest” restaurants – a pleasant bonus for sure.

Brew was superb, food was terrific and pacing by the staff was expert – this was an absolutely perfect afternoon. Make sure and DO CANOE – this is an excellent drinking/dining destination in Victoria.

CanoeBrewpub450, Manager at Canoe Brewpub, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2015

Hi Alameda1222,

Thank you for coming to Canoe Brewpub and for your kinds words. Sounds as though you had a the full Canoe Experience. Nice call on the Meowler, always a nice keepsake to pick up a bottle to-go. We like using them for water jugs as well as beer, don't judge us :)

Thank you for your review and we hope to see you next time you visit Victoria!

See more reviews
Reviewed February 27, 2015

Safe your money for better and more food for the same price elsewhere, I had 2 small pieces of breaded cod and fries for $ 19.99 plus tax and tip, in my view absolutely outrageous for what I received, my friend had a chef's salad for $ 10.99, again nothing special and a small portion, I guess if you go on a nice summer day the patio might be a bit of a compensation, however we thought it was poor value for what we received, there are other restaurants in Victoria with better views and food for less money.