“Reliable service on clean well maintained ship.”

Black Ball Ferry Line
Ranked #17 of 184 things to do in Victoria
More attraction details
Owner description: Black Ball Ferry Line operates the M.V. Coho passenger and vehicle ferry linking Victoria, B.C. on Vancouver Island with Port Angeles, WA on the scenic Olympic Peninsula. During the 90 minute crossing, enjoy the ship's many amenities including the cafeteria, gift shop, duty free store, comfortable interior lounges, solarium and pet-friendly areas. Year round daily service is provided. Save big by booking a ferry and hotel stay with our exclusive package deals! In addition to our great prices at the region's favorite hotels, we'll pay your reservation fee for a guaranteed space on your desired sailing time when you book a package. Our Captain and Crew look forward to welcoming you on board the ship!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / lift
Victoria, BC
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Reliable service on clean well maintained ship.”
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I always enjoy this ferry. It is an older boat, but kinda nostalgic. Could use a nicer cafeteria, though, but it is adequate. I must have sailed with them at least a dozen times.

Visited October 2011
1 Thank Iloveeatingout

• Korean first
Victoria British Columbia Canada
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Reliable - it always runs even in high winds”
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I took the Coho to Port Angeles for the first time on March 20, 2012 because my flight with Kenmore Air was cancelled due to winds. Even when the BC Ferries aren't sailing, the Coho still sails. The food service is minimal but the seats are comfortable and the views were more interesting for me because you are always seeing land in the distance. The crossing time is one hour and 40 minutes.

I found the whole experience including the security checks to be very efficient and smooth. This is an alternative way to get to Seattle from Vancouver Island even when the weather is bad. I took the 10:30 am sailing and then caught the 1:00 p.m. Dungeness bus to Seattle.

1 Thank OceanBoulevard
Duncan, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“ferry and food service”
Reviewed 31 March 2012

It appeared very dated. OLD - We stood around for a while and no one appeared as though wanted to ask what we were looking for? Appeared like no one wanted to help us at all!

1 Thank Stitumaat U
Victoria, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fun getaway from Victoria”
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Ferry was much better than I expected - better than the Washington State Ferries in cleanliness, comfort, and food. Pity about the double dose of Homeland Security on the trip south to Port Angeles.
The south coast of Juan de Fuca is a great area to spend a few days.

Sydney
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highly recommend this ferry trip and the Port Angeles/Victoria Island region”
Reviewed 21 March 2012

My wife and I and some friends decided to go and look at the Olympic National Park and surrounding area. After doing some research we found the Port Angeles area with the Black Ball Ferry option to Victoria Island. We really loved the area and the Ferry service is excellent. Great service, convenient and fantastic views of the mountains set behind the coast and ocean. I would love to go back during the whale season to see the Orca's from the Black Ball Ferry. As a wheelchair user I found the access exceptional as well.