“Awesome!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Medicine Hat, Alberta
“Awesome!”
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Great Hotel! Large rooms, affordable price! Clean, 2 great restaurants, easy to get around. I forgot a ring in my room and they called me within a few hours of me checking out to let me know. Great Place!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
mpaul1202, Director of Sales at Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
Sounds like you enjoyed Victoria CanadaBob6. I am glad we could help make it worthy of your consideration for a return trip. Looking forward to it.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
  • Korean first
Netherlands
Reviewed 11 February 2012

It was great stay in Victoria nice and clean, and we will be back.

• Stayed February 2012
Thanks for the review maeann67
Good to know you will be back to our Island and possibly to our hotel.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 6 February 2012

This hotel was superbly located in downtown Victoria, about two blocks from the inner harbour. The one bedroom suites were comfortably furnished, sparkling clean and had wifi. There was an option to have a queen bed in the bedroom and another in the livingroom, which worked well for us. Windows opened and there was parking provided onsite. There was no universal airconditioning, but there was an airconditioning unit in the bedroom, and a fan in the closet that could be used instead. Beds were comfortable. The restaurant on the 18th floor had a panoramic view of Victoria. When my daughter and I asked to split one of their enormous breakfasts, the service was provided happily. On weekend evenings, this restaurant has entertainment. The two evenings we were there, the music was skillfully played accoustic guitar. Staff was polite, friendly and accommodating throughout the hotel.

Room Tip: We asked for two adjoining one bedroom suites and received side by side suites at the end of a hall...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Dear KL Travel,
Thank you for the great review. Good to see a review from a family as we seem to get a great number staying with us and the suites are really built for this. We do have connecting standard rooms but I think you are much better off with the two suites, side by side. We look forward to your return.
British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 4 February 2012

I have stayed at hotels in Vancouver, Victoria, and many other places! I had to stay in Victoria for work for about 3 months. Right from Day 1, I felt very welcome. They set up my room with everything I requested. Day 2, staff were addressing me by name and always said hi when I passed by the front desk. When my husband came to join me, he brought our puppy. The hotel is "pet friendly" truly. Other hotels claim that, however, they simply allow pets. The staff at Chateau Victoria provided some items our puppy and gave ideas for local dog friendly places to take her. They wanted to meet my husband and puppy when they arrived and shared our joy when our puppy did tricks in the lobby during her first stay at a hotel. My husband actualy enjoyed staying at Chateau Victoria and he does NOT like hotels at all!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Thanks for the great review Adonica. I just love to hear our people continue to use our guests names. I have worked for big chains who preach guest name usage but have difficulty making it happen consistently. It just seems to happen naturally here and I am delighted you noticed. I am glad your husband and pooch liked us too. Please come back and see us soon.
Whitby, Canada
Reviewed 1 February 2012

We were a bit early to check in but the concierge was able to give on tips of the area eg. sites, restaurants and the waterfront drive while we waited to check in 2 hours. We enjoyed our sunny picturesque drive along the Strait of Georgia waterfront.
The bonus of the Chateau's location is that it is very close and walking distance to all the amenities and the waterfront and tourist sites. (Parliament buildings, miniture village to name a few.) .
The room was a 1 bedroom suite, with a queen bed in the living room area in addition to a pull out..I am not complaining but found this strange. (There was only the 2 of us)
There were 2 LCD TVs a 50" plus in the living room area with a 32" in the bedroom. Great!
Service was excellant, front desk, concierge, house service. Bar was cool.
Victoria and the Chateau was a very good experience. We would definitely return.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your Response Bob T. We get a lot of families staying with us so many of the suites have allot of sleeping capacity. Next time, ask if you can get a King Suite. It is the same size with only one bed so you have a great living room to entertain or just stretch out in.
We look forward to your return.
Sooke, Canada
Reviewed 19 January 2012

This hotel has been around for many years and is beginning to show it. The rooftop restaurant is quite nice, just be sure to get a view of some interest. Difficult to access if driving.

vancouver
Reviewed 12 January 2012

I've been staying at Chateau Victoria regularly, as a frequent business client, for at least 3 years now. It's always been spotless and friendly and very helpful in every way, from reservations to front desk to housekeeping and maintenance staff. They've recently done some upgrades and made it even more pleasant. Rooms are spacious and the suites are great for doing your own breakfast. Location is within walking distance of virtually everything in downtown Victoria. Even Spinnakers Pub is a pleasant seawall walk on a nice day. The waterfront is a block and a bit away. Vista 18, the lounge at the top, is a great unwinding and/or meeting spot in the evenings and Clive's serves eclectic beers from around the world. Great place, great people. Very close to 5 star, in my book, at reasonable rates.

Room Tip: They are all good, but ask for a suite for a bit more room. Fantastic.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
mpaul1202, Director of Sales at Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, 14 January 2012
Thank you for your great review. I like the fact it is from a business travel perspective. Many business travelers will choose a branded hotel because they have an idea of what their going to get from the hotel based on past experiences with that brand. As an independent, we appreciate you sharing your experience so other business travelers will give us a try.