“Our 'home' in Victoria!”

Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites
Ranked #15 of 52 Hotels in Victoria
GreenLeadersSilver level
Vancouver, Canada
“Our 'home' in Victoria!”
Reviewed 30 March 2012

We get to Victoria on business every few months, and Chateau Victoria has become our 'home away from home'! The location is perfect, close to the Inner Harbour, Royal BC Museum, etc. Vista 18 is our favorite spot for an evening cider, with live music Thursday, Friday, Saturday evenings. We get a one-bedroom suite, so the fridge, microwave and sink make it easy to fix a light breakfast. The staff has always been helpful, rooms are clean and comfortable, and parking is even free! What more could you want? :-)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank NWTraveler512
mpaul1202, Director of Sales at Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Dear NWTraveler512
Thank you for your review. We are delighted you choose us time and again for your business trips to Victoria. We are seeing many more business travelers like you these days so your review is great to communicate our strengths to travelers like you.
Regards,
Mark

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (358)
  • Korean first
Shoreline, Washington
Reviewed 27 March 2012

The last time I was here, I said I probably wouldn't stay again, but we were coming to Victoria to check out the University, and the package deal the Clipper offered with the Chateau Victoria was a very good deal, so I ate my words. I did, however, take the manager's comments after my last visit to heart, and we stayed in a suite. What a difference! Two nice, big, flat screen tvs, a mini-kitchen, room for a sofa, chairs, table, desk, a balcony, two very comfortable beds--all clean, well-maintained and worth the price of the upgrade. As before, the service was impeccable with only one glitch, (we waited over 20 minutes at the restaurant for any service, including water and menus, but that was fixed by a friendly busboy, and we weren't in a big hurry, so we didn't really care). I was really impressed by the professionalism of the staff, from the front desk to the maid, but especially (again) by the people in Clive's (the lounge). This is a good place.

Room Tip: Get a suite. Seriously.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank cherimich
mpaul1202, Director of Sales at Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
Thank you for your review and for giving us a second try. Traditional hotel rooms are great for a single traveler overnight but when it is a couple or family, a suite is so much more comfortable.
Sorry about the extra time waiting for service in Vista 18 but I am glad to see they came through in the end.
Regards,
Mark
canada
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I really enjoyed our short stay here,very clean,upscale feel and look in comparison to other places I reviewed.I am very particular abour cleanliness .This is a spotless hotel.Location is excellent 2 to 5 minutes walking time to the inner harbour and shopping.The $15 to $40 extra for this quiet location was well worth it.It is not a 5 star resort,but a very good find for travellers who want clean,quiet comfortable in a great location.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bitsme
We appreciate your review. I am glad you rated us as a solid 3 star. That is what our customers want. You can find a good four star hotel downtown but a 3 star hotel with spacious suites can be a challenge. I'm glad you found us.
Vancouver
Reviewed 21 March 2012

Stayed on March 17th 2012. The hotel is located literally 3 min walk from the parliament and harbour. It's also very close to victoria bug zoo! which is definitely a place to go see if you want to be amazed and grossed out at the same time.
We went to the pool and hot tube, which was quite empty that day. The tub is nice and deep and lots of bubbles!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank ching_wa
mpaul1202, Director of Sales at Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, 23 March 2012
Dear ching_wa, Thank you for the wonderful review. I think I rode the elevator with you and the children on the way back to the room from the pool. I'm glad to see you had a great time in our city and in our hotel. I loved the fact you mention our staff in your title as many potential visitors scan the title for themes that match what they are looking for in a hotel. Location and hotel condition is nice but the real difference is the people and you made that clear. Thank you again.
Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed 21 March 2012

We stayed at this hotel, in a one bedroom suite, for five nights during Spring Break with our 12 and 14 year-old children. This hotel is situated right downtown Victoria. You can park your vehicle and walk everywhere (and yes, the parking is free). We had stayed in this hotel a number of years ago and were pleasantly surprised by all the upgrades that they have done. The room now has a mini kitchen area (microwave, mini fridge, counter, cupboards, dishes and cutlery for two, coffee maker, kettle). We were able to prepare and serve simple meals which is a huge cost saving. The suite also has two large flat screen T.V's.

The suite had a separate bedroom with a queen bed, dresser, T.V. and air conditioner. The living room area has the above mentioned kitchen area, a small table and two chairs, a couch, a comfy chair, a desk and desk chair, and a queen bed. Off the living room area is a deck overlooking the city. We could see the parliament buildings from our balcony.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The housekeeping staff were efficient and we really appreciated getting a new package of coffee every day for our coffee maker.

The hotel is one block from a 7-Eleven, about two blocks from the Spaghetti Factory (great restaurant for families), two blocks from The Empress Hotel and three blocks from Government Street (where all the cute little shops are).

We have stayed in other hotels in Victoria but this hotel surpasses all others. The quality and value it provides is unbeatable.

Room Tip: If you are choosing a one bedroom suite, be aware that there are five different room configurations...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Jeannine C
We love your endorsement Jeannine C. I know searching for family friendly accommodation can be a challenge and I think your story might help new visitors who don't know our independent hotel. I am glad our improvements are being recognized and used. These reviews are great for keeping us on track for future improvements. Stay tune for plans on our new lobby and future room upgrades. Thank you for taking the time to report and we look forward to your return.
Sydney Inner West
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Going back a few years I stayed at the Chateau Victoria on a trip with Evergreen Tours. At the start of my trip we stayed in Vancouver, travelled on the Rocky Mountaineer, back to Whistler down the coast and across on the ferry to Vancouver Island & somewhere along the way we lost our passports. I informed reception because I wanted to give them a "heads up" that there would be a few calls on our room bill because we wuld be calling the Consulate & the hotels we had stayed in along the way. The receptionist on duty immediatly took ownership of our problem & starting calling hotels for us, then the Manager came out of her office, took us in there for some privacy & continued to contact the other hotels for us. They organised a bus to take us to the local Police station to report the loss of the passports for our travel insurance. While at the Police Station they managed to track down our passports, organised for them to be sent by taxi to the local heliport & flow over to us in less then 2 hours & all it cost me was the taxi fare.
After all that I left a great wrap on thier customer service card for the extra attention & I then got a thank you letter & card from their head office management as a follw up too. What a great team!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
mpaul1202, Director of Sales at Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
Dear Karendirk,
Thanks so much for the wonderful story. I just traveled in February to Las Vegas where my parents lost their passports too and could not leave the country. Rather stressful time for all involved so I am glad we helped ease the stress and very happy your story had a great ending. Perhaps you will return one day. We would certainly welcome that and Evergreen is still a valued partner.
comox valley, bc
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Everyone was very friendly and professional at the front desk, and even the room cleaners would always say hello, and did you need anything, more coffee?, etc. It has a comfortable lobby and Clive's is a fantastic lounge to hang out with and have a bite to eat and drink. i enjoyed to pool area and workout room. I would stay here again!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
mpaul1202, Director of Sales at Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, 14 March 2012
Dear Falkors,
Thank you for the great feedback. I love sharing these with our people as it seems to encourage us all to want to do better. We look forward to your return.