“Great for a Couple's Weekend Getaway”
Review of Hotel Rialto

Hotel Rialto
Ranked #5 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
Reviewed 14 November 2012

My husband and I celebrated our fourth anniversary in Victoria and stayed at Hotel Rialto. The hotel was in a great location for our needs: walking distance to the Inner Harbour, Craigdarroch Castle, great restaurants and bars, and other sites.

Nice, modern, comfortable room. It was on the small side, but it did have a kitchenette, which was convenient. And our room was very reasonably priced (from Priceline) so the size seemed appropriate to the charges.

The cafe is a comfortable place for breakfast, and we found that the complimentary coffee and danish included with our room was a sufficient breakfast for us.

The TV in our room was at an odd angle, but we didn't go to Victoria to watch tele, so that wasn't that big of a deal :)

Very cheerful, courteous staff. Nicely renovated rooms and common areas. Everything is fresh and classic. We thought the bathroom in our room was especially nice.

We would definitely stay at The Rialto again! It's a beautiful hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Fullsy
There are newer reviews for Hotel Rialto

Reviewed 13 November 2012

I was greeted at reception by someone who asked how my journey had been. He noted that I'd requested a room on the top floor and at the back of the hotel (which I'd read on trip advisor would be quiet), and that they'd accommodated that request. And it was very quiet! He gave me tickets for continental breakfast in their cafe, which I had been expecting, but also a very nice surprise--a ticket for a complimentary cheese plate from their tapas lounge. The room was very spacious, clean and comfortable, with a nice kitchenette and work station. I noticed that if I declined maid service, I would be given a $10 credit to spend in the tapas lounge. So a glass of wine, as well as a generous plate of cheese, crackers, nuts and dried cranberries, was on the house. All this for $85. What really made the experience special was not so much the lovely facilities and great value, but the fact that every member of staff took a moment to exchange pleasantries, from the inquiry about my journey to Victoria to the guy quickly serving me my breakfast to go so I could catch my ferry who asked if I was heading home, and where that was, and wished me a safe trip. Sadly, this personal touch is all too rare today, and I, for one, really appreciated it. It just made me write my first review. They deserve me taking the time. Well done and thank you.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank MeginToronto_12
Reviewed 13 November 2012

We usually stay at another hotel in Victoria but so glad we tried Rialto. Everything was fantastic. Service, room, the cafe, the location & Veneto tapas lounge. The staff were so friendly & went out of their way to offer assistance. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank davitdigstravel
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Very nice boutique hotel in great location. Staff were very helpful and accomodating. The renovated room was very comfortable and nicely appointed. Breakfast was delicious and very reasonable. Restaurant was closed for private event the night we were there so didn't try for dinner. Would certainly recommend.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Nowanislander
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I stayed at the Hotel Rialto this last weekend while in Victoria and had an excellent stay. This hotel has just had an extensive remodel and they have done a good job. I also received vouchers for a welcome cheese plate at the restaurant and for breakfast. The room was lovely and very clean. It came with only a shower but that wasn't a problem for me. The food was excellent all weekend long. I would definitely return.

Room Tip: I hade a Double Queen
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank cpettem
Reviewed 26 October 2012

I am sorry to say that my stay at the Hotel Rialto was very fleeting. I was supposed to stay for 3 days but had to cut my trip short. So I was only able to indulge in the lovely surroundings and accommodations for one evening. Staff was extremely helpful immediately upon my arrival. Offering up vouchers redeemable for a quickie but yummy breakfast of a scone,muffin, or pastry every morning accompanied by coffee. Also vouchers for an awesome gym just a short walk away.

Accommodations themselves were very quaint,clean, and charming. A mix of modern and artisan decor in the rooms topped by opulent white marble and glass bathrooms.

Beds are unbelievably comfortable and quite pretty. A true boutique hotel in all of its elegance. Best of all this hotel is smack in the centre of downtown, close to local eateries, fast food joints, and a 2 min stroll away from the Mall. Unbeatable right? Did I mention the prices are INCREDIBLY reasonable and well worth the price for something attractive, clean, and beyond zen.

Great staff overall, very friendly, sincere, and willing to please.Enjoy your stay!

Room Tip: if your an elite booking.com member, upgrades for you!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank CurlyHair g
Reviewed 26 October 2012

This hotel was recently renovated and it's lovely. Very modern rooms, nice appointments. The rooms are chic and the bed and bedding is super comfortable.
We stayed in a king suite on a package with complimentary champagne, cheese plate, breakfast coffee/muffins. Wow - it was a great deal. And we were treated wonderfully throughout the stay. There was a young woman at the front desk (spanish accent) who was especially helpful and welcoming.
We ate at the very popular and busy tapas restaurant. Had a less great experience there. First night had drinks ($11 CAD each - New York prices) and the service was disappointly unfriendly and poor. Second night ate dinner and had friendly, but somewhat rushed, service. The food, however, is interested and quite tasty.
Highly recommended boutique hotel within walking distance of everything in the downtown/inner harbor area.
PS - we are a GLBT couple and no issues whatsoever (i.e., no obnoxious "do you want separate beds" at check-in)

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple