“Absolutely wonderful experience!”
Review of Hotel Rialto

Hotel Rialto
Ranked #5 of 46 Hotels in Victoria
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Upon check-in we were greeted with a free room upgrade, breakfast discount coupons for their attached cafe for each person each morning, a free cheese plate in their attached restaurant, and an option for a $10 discount for foregoing housekeeping! The staff were wonderfully kind, and the room was gorgeous and clean! The location couldn't have been better! We've been coming to Victoria evey year for over a decade and have never had such a positive experience! Thank you so very much; this is most definitely going to be our Vic home base from now on!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,602)

Reviewed 19 August 2017

The Hotel Rialto is one of the better hotels that I have stayed in. Newly remodeled the Rialto is very comfortable. We stayed in room 403 (4th floor is the top floor). This room is a corner room with views to the east and north. This room was very quiet, in the fact that I did not hear people in the rooms next door or hear running water from the bathrooms next door. The staff at the front counter was very attentive and helped up navigate the city. The Rialto is located 4 blocks from the harbor area and 1 1/2 blocks from Chinatown. I would highly recommend this hotel. I will be staying here when I return to Victoria in the future.

Room Tip: Go for the 4th floor and book a corner room. Also to save money use the green option.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

We only stayed here one night and we were not particularly impressed. Our room was small but adequate. The staff was friendly.
They did give us a voucher for coffee and roll in the AM or $3.00 off their breakfast but we chose to eat elsewhere.
I thought it was pricey for what it offered.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2017

I left a $200 item behind. In a panic I called and spoke with Enes. He reassured me they would send it back to me in the States. He was so nice, supportive and helpful. He took a new credit card and a new address which I am sure was a pain, but he did it with class, delight and with cheer. Can't tell you how grateful I am to the hotel for returning my item and hotel staff like Enes who were so reassuring as I was almost in tears. Wish I could give 6 stars. It really was a very unique special item that I would be so sad if I lost. And kudos to the housekeeper for turning it in! If you want safety, security and a super nice hotel - this is the place to go in Victoria!

Room Tip: 312 has a bonus room next to it, 314. Very cool with 2 queens in 312 and a pull out in 314. 2 bath...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2017

We arrived at the hotel about 2:00 after a 4H road trip from Nanaimo. I would recommend the stops we had in Chemainus and Duncan. After settling the parking we were able to check in early by an enthusiastic and helpful front desk crew like Kelvin. Our corner room #113 was perfectly satisfactory for 2N. A microwave was included but not used. I tried the coffeemaker but the lid broke. The frontdesk person immediately replaced it and brought additional coffee packs. The window AC gave us the coolest air yet on this trip.
There is an option to get a $10 food credit if room service is waived. We were glad to have room service with fresh linen and sheets. The maid did a flawless cleaning job.
We appreciated the complimentary cheese plate from Cafe Veneto -- yummy! The complimentary Continental was fine, but the $3.00 discount for full breakfast was a generous amenity for a great breakfast. The breakfast crew were friendly to us early-risers.
There are numerous shops and restos, eg, Starbucks, in walking distance. The adjacent City Hall had a small East Indian festival. I had a plate of chix tikla masala for $8 CDN.
The area is not the best. I did not see any other major hotels nearby. Chinatown is 2 blocks away and Old Town is 3 blocks. These older neighborhoods attract vagrants and unsavory characters. However, I was not solicited or hassled.
The rate was really attractive. I would recommend this hotel in Victoria.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank alohatripper
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Centrally located, this hotel is very fairly priced and well worth the booking. Redone in a modern, hip style our stay couldn't be better ( other than the hair dryer did not work well!). Our room was on the second and we were concerned that we'd hear traffic - happily all was quiet in consequence of good window work. Additionally, the gratis cheese plate offered at happy hour was delicious. In a city where food is not fabulous, next time we will dine at The Veneto next door which had terrific tapas and the food looked good.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 August 2017

Great downtown location. This hotel had very good service and lovely rooms! I especially liked the green program in which you got a credit at the hotel's cafe if you put the tag on your room to maid service on a particular day. Also they had eco friendly shampoo etc. in the room.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family