All reviews parliament building great location free breakfast waffle maker within walking distance bc parliament inner harbor outdoor pool small balcony hot breakfast black ball ferry yogurt breakfast was excellent coho ferry rooms were very clean downtown victoria cleaning staff
Reviewed May 9, 2018 via mobile

This place is wonderful.When we walk in the door to check in,we immediately feel at home.The staff is the friendliest we have encountered in all our travels.They go out of their way to be helpful.Since we travel with our dog,we appreciate the fact that they all make a fuss over her.The room is a very large suite complete with full kitchen.All the furniture is comfortable and kept very clean.Queen beds very comfortable.We stay for two weeks and the housekeeping staff works with us to do the room on our schedule.Breakfast.The best ever.Scott and James provide a wonderful and varied menu.Different hot dishes daily and really good muffins etc.Somehow only gained four pounds in two weeks.But,no matter how nice the rooms,or how good the food,it is the people that make this a wonderful place to stay.Thanks John and Sarah for making it happen.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
John J, General Manager at Embassy Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2018

Thank you so much for the review of your two week stay with us! I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to Sarah, Scott, James and all of our wonderful staff who all make it their focus all guests enjoy their stay. I am please 'Kelly" enjoyed her stay as well. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed May 7, 2018

We had booked this via a 2 day vacation package through BC Ferries. We arrived at the Embassy Inn around 7:30 PM we were able to park up front right by the lobby. You do have to register your car with the hotel for parking. We checked and had received a complimentary upgrade to a suite on the top floor in the corner with a kitchenette, living room with a balcony, and a bedroom. The bathroom had been updated rather nicely. The kitchen was a little dated, but this is a hotel, we're talking about here. I'm not going to ding them for having older appliances in their kitchen. It was still a four burner stove with a full-size or near full-size fridge/freezer combo. The accommodations were very comfortable. I think my favorite part was all the windows. You could open all the curtains and light most of the suite beautifully. Our balcony had a nice view of the capitol building. I would find myself just going out to admire the view, while waiting for my turn in the shower.

The breakfast was also very well done, especially for being included. Fresh fruit, eggs, meat, bagels, muffins, English muffins, bread, yogurt, Belgian Waffles, juice and cucumber infused water were all available, as well as cereal and coffee. While breakfast is included, I would suggest that you tip the staff in the little piggy bank tip jar they have on the buffet. Both days I was there they never ran out of anything, as the staff are constantly monitoring and refilling the buffet, and the cook that oversees the whole thing starts his day very early to ensure we have a hot breakfast. We also had a full tour bus that was there both days we were. Yet the breakfast buffet stayed well stocked and the hotel was quiet, with exception to the breakfast area at breakfast.

Given the rates I was offered through BC Ferries Vacations, I cannot comment too much on the price, but I can tell you that received steep discounts through my employer to stay at this hotel and I still couldn't beat that packaged vacation deal.

They even let us keep the car at the hotel a few hours after check-out while we went out and killed some time before driving off to catch our ferry off the island.

My wife and I are in fairly good shape, and everything we wanted to do in downtown Victoria was totally walkable for us. We averaged walking 10 miles a day on our vacation, and walked past Chinatown and back again. I also loved the proximity to the waterfront, and hearing the birds fly overhead in the morning.

The staff was courteous, friendly, and professional. If I had one complaint, it would be the lack of a king-sized bed as an option. Our bed was a queen, and that seemed to be the largest size available. To be completely fair, even in the suite we were in a king-sized bed would have made the room feel cramped. The queen-sized bed fit perfectly in there.

I couldn't have been more pleased with my stay.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
John J, General Manager at Embassy Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2018

Hello and thank you for the review of your stay. I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and you thought that the package thru BC Ferries who we are a partner of was valuable. All guests find our location ideal as we are close to all Victoria has to offer. And the breakfast is always a hit with a big choice sure to please all. By the way, we do have other suites with either a single king bed or 2 queen beds in a separate room. Please feel free to call us anytime with questions. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed May 3, 2018

Excellent accomodations of this class. Over the past year I have booked multiple long term stays at the Embassy Inn. Each and every time Sarah and the staff have gone above and beyond to fulfill my requirements and make things effortless for me, even when I have left it to the very last minute. The location is conveniently located within the downtown area, a great hot breakfast is included and there is free parking as well. I would highly recommend this hotel for overnight or longer stays.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
John J, General Manager at Embassy Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2018

Thank you so much for the awesome review. I'll be sure to pass on your kind comments to Sarah. She handles all our long term bookings and she is truly great at meeting all guest's needs. We look forward to your next long term stay.

Reviewed May 3, 2018

I recently stayed at the Embassy Inn. It was conveniently located near the ferry, downtown and Royal Theatre. I have never stayed at a hotel with staff this friendly. Every staff member I encountered from check-in to walking back in for the evening, breakfast and housekeeping were all very friendly. The room was very clean and super comfortable. I highly recommend the Embassy Inn and will definitely stay here again next time I am in Victoria.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to read of your comments about our awesome staff. Without them, we would just be another hotel. The staff are truly what makes an awesome stay. We are blessed with an excellent bunch here. Please come back and see us soon.

Reviewed May 2, 2018

My wife and I had one night here before moving on to Seattle, in room #103, quiet, clean and comfortable and friendly helpful staff. Their breakfast is good and our bags were stored until we came back to walk to the Clipper to Seattle.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the review. The good folks at the Clipper are our partners. I am glad to read you had a great stay here at the Embassy Inn. We look forward to seeing you again soon.