Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
purplelotus
Spokane, Washington

Clean, quiet hotel

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Mar 15, 2019
This is a clean, quiet hotel one block from the Black Ball ferry, and close/walking to all downtown Victoria has to offer. We had a studio suite room, which included a full kitchen and living room, in addition to the bedroom and bath. Room was impeccable, kitchen was well stocked. Lots of natural light and cozy feeling. Rooms are rather "grandmotherly" in their decor. And the bed, I think it must've been a full instead of a queen. Didn't get a very good nights sleep as the pillows are also foam. And, the room was WARM. We turned the heat completely off and opened two windows and got out a fan! Seems like the central heat supersedes the temps, as the hallways were broiling. So - all in all a fairly decent stay. Would make sure to choose a king bed next time and maybe take my own pillow?
Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
    C$258
0.5 km from Royal Scot Hotel & Suites
View more hotels in Victoria
1,755 results
All reviews games room great location full kitchen one bedroom suite parliament building hot tub quiet street large bedroom bit dated sofa bed laundry facilities inner harbor indoor pool within walking distance port angeles an older hotel upgraded to a suite
Selected filters
Reviewed March 3, 2019

The hotel is perfectly located, is older but incredibly clean. We stayed in a manor room, one bedroom with a pullout couch and the room was huge and comfortable. I will absolutely be staying here again whenever I return to Victoria.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Happiness257261
Reviewed February 21, 2019 via mobile

This hotel refused to honour my "guaranteed booking" (which was "all paid for") (according to the booking confirmation which I had received) - instead demanding that I authorize a further hold on funds on a credit card.

I explained to the "Director of Sales and Operations" that I had advised my credit card issuer to block all debits to my card earlier this week, after they contacted me regarding a suspicious payment, and - in that context - offered to cover any deposit needed to cover any (unspecified) charges he seemed to be concerned I might incur. To my dismay he showed no willingness to even consider this offer. Presumably there is an amount which the hotel would have put a hold on - the hotel's categorical refusal to allow me to provide that amount in cash is baffling.

I pointed out that I had identified and booked with the establishment exactly because it allowed guests to pay with PayPal (no credit card required) and that it would be extremely difficult for me to find alternative accommodation at this late stage (indeed this proved to be the case, and I was forced to spend the night before my 6:15AM flight at Victoria airport).

His response to this was to point out that the Royal Scot Hotel was private property, stated that I was "trespassing" in its reception area, and to order me in front of staff and other guests leave the premises or he would call the police.

Since I have never experienced any kind of interaction with police officers such as I was being threatened with I felt it prudent to comply with his demands.

The email I received when I made the booking with this establishment made no mention of any requirement for an additional "hold" on a credit card.

Worst of all, the attitude of the Director of Sales and Operations, from the moment he engaged with me was aggressive and uncompromising. In fact his first words to me were "You're welcome...to leave." In contrast, my tone was forceful - it seemed best to adopt such a tone since it seemed that my "guaranteed booking" was about to be denied.

As indeed it was.

Bottom line - this hotel took my money in exchange for a "guaranteed reservation" then imposed new conditions, and - ultimately - failed to honour that reservation.

I'd advise others considering staying at the Royal Scot Hotel and Suites to make sure they have a "Plan B" in the event they can't satisfy the people on Reception - or risk finding themselves scrambling to find somewhere to stay!

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Paul W
Reviewed February 15, 2019

First time ever we went to Victoria for a week,last week in January,we chose Royal Scot on a recommendation.We were told it was an older hotel,but it was very clean,comfortable and the winter rates were good.Upon registering at the hotel thestaff were very friendly,asked if this was our first stay and went out of their way to welcome us and provide us with all the information we needed.THe room we had was very clean and comfortable,room service was exceptional staff so friendly and helpful.They even provided daily two packages of 4 cookies each which we enjoyed on our daily 4 hour walks.The facilities,pool area and hot tub every evening was a restful end to an enjoyable day.there also had a snooker takle,reading room with lot of resources and a comfortable lounge of the registration area with coffee.The hotel may not be new but it is 5 star in my eyes and I can't wait till we return again.oh yes location is fantastic next to parliament buildings and short walk to shopping and harbour front etc

Date of stay: January 2019
Reviewed February 4, 2019

We loved our stay here. I booked in January for a July visit. The location is terrific -
one block back from the main harbor area, on a quiet street.
The room was comfortable and clean and included a small refrigerator and a coffee maker -- a must for this traveler! The price was excellent. The on-site restaurant
is cheery and bright, with big windows and the wait staff attentive and welcoming. The hotel also provides free coffee starting around 6 am in the lobby and fresh milk as well as cream are available with the coffee service. We had a rental car but often walked from the hotel for sightseeing in the harbor and old town areas. The property includes an indoor pool as well as an onsite self-service laundry, , which I did not discover until the day we left. You can also drop laundry at the desk for overnight, professional cleaning. In addition to regular hotel -style guest rooms, the Royal Scot also has larger apartment-style rooms available with a bedroom, living room with hide-a—bed couch and full kitchen and dining area. Some friends stayed in one of those rooms and we were impressed. Plenty of on-site parking is also available.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 3, 2019

I have tried to book this hotel in the past and found it fully booked. I finally was able to try one of their suites. I found that it supplied me with everything I needed in a quiet location that is a short walk to the downtown area. I found their free shuttle service in the downtown area very useful. Victoria has many excellent restaurants; I tried the restaurant in the hotel, Jonathan's, for two meals, breakfast and dinner. Both were very good and I would return.

Room tip: I recommend the suites
Date of stay: January 2019