Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
danieldsyd
Oatley, Australia

A bit dated but very comfortable

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed May 11, 2024via mobile
Stayed here for two nights as part of the tour. It’s an older building but nevertheless very comfortable. It comes with a kitchen so you can do your own cooking. Even bathrobe is provided. Location is central right behind the assembly with easy walk to everything. We arrived as a group and were greeted by a Scottish bagpiper. Room is spacious and clean. Service is good. Only thing is before I checked out this morning housekeeping kept pushing my door. Maybe they were assuming I already left and trying to clean the room. Anyway it’s a good hotel.
Date of stay: May 2024
Trip type: Travelled solo
Responded 5 weeks ago
Dear Daniel,

Thank you for taking time and providing us this wonderful review!

We are thrilled to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us as a part of the Cosmos group.

Providing exceptional service and comfort to our guests is our top priority, and it is really rewarding to hear that we exceeded your expectations.

Enjoy the rest of your trip in Canada and we hope to welcome you back in future!

Best Regards,
    C$245
0.5 km from Royal Scot Hotel & Suites
View more hotels in Victoria
1,755 results
All reviews games room great location full kitchen one bedroom suite parliament building hot tub quiet street large bedroom bit dated sofa bed laundry facilities inner harbor indoor pool within walking distance port angeles an older hotel upgraded to a suite
Selected filters
Reviewed April 28, 2024

The facilities were fine. I booked for 6 nights and then requested a change to 5 nights and an upgrade. When we arrived the upgrade had been arranged but the 6 night booking was still on my account. I tried to get an explanation but the staff said they couldn't do anything about it. When I was at the front desk seeking an explanation, the General Manager came barreling around a corner poking his finger at my chest like the bully he is and said it's YOUR FAULT. There's nothing we can do. He then hustled out the door to his king cab truck awaiting there. I said sure: "Hustle Away". He got out of the truck and came at me ready to fight. I repeated...'Just be on your way. This type of abusive behavior is the stuff that could have led me to charge. him.

Room tip: The housecleaning staff were fine. Reception told us the restaurant was on the main floor but didn't tell us it was closed.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2024

The wifi is poor.
The heat in room is difficult to control.
Noise from upstairs was irritating.
I did not know I could ask for kitchen tools, footstools
I did not know about underground parking.
I was there for 2 months, the housekeeping was excellent,, the pool a real treat, location was terrific, shuttle service very handy.

Room tip: Wifi was disappointing
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Anna Storozheva, Guest Services / Front Office at Royal Scot Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Nancy,

Thank you for your feedback!

It is great to hear that you took advantage of our Extended stay program during winter months.

We are sorry to hear that you experienced a problem with our complimentary WiFi and were not aware of the extra services/amenties that we provide during our Long Stay Program. We encourage you to let us know right away next time, so that we could rectify these problems and make your stay more comfortable. Our Front Desk and Maintenance staff members are here 24/7 and would be happy to assist.

We truly appreciate your kind words about our amenities, location and hard-working Housekeeping maids.

Hope to see you back in the future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed February 17, 2024 via mobile

I went to Victoria for work.
The hotel was perfect to relax after the long trip and work. It is near the centre, I could to visit the city walking.
The room was great! Some big and comfortable for one person. The living areas have their charm and also friendly and charming staff.
If I have to come back to Victoria, I will go again to this hotel.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank cesar g

Dear Cesar,

Thank you kindly for your fantastic review on your stay with us while on a business trip!

We truly appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear that our comfortable room, convenient location and helpful staff contributed to a memorable experience!

We can't wait to welcome you back on your next visit to Vancouver Island.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed February 14, 2024

My husband and I stay here whenever we travel to Victoria and currently that is frequently. It is a pleasant, clean and convenient accommodation and feels like home away from home. The location is walking distance from the harbour, downtown and Beacon Hill park. There are suites with kitchens and a grocery store nearby. Staff are friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: September 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear notb2024,

We would like to thank you for taking time and leaving us your fantastic feedback.

It is wonderful to hear that we are your go to place whenever you are in Victoria. We take pride in being called home away from home by all of our amazing returning guests.

Thank you very much for your kind words about staff members. We strive to provide the most positive experience to all our valued guests and it is great to hear that we have succeeded.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed February 11, 2024

I regret to share that my stay at the Royal Scot hotel was highly unsatisfactory. Numerous facilities were out of order, including room lights, whirlpool, water dispenser, and laundry appliances. Despite reporting these issues multiple times, the problems persisted, even after attempts with the hotel's technician.

To make matters worse, when I brought these concerns to the front desk, particularly to Anna Strozheva, the front desk manager, her response was shockingly rude. She insisted I leave the property within an hour, creating an immensely uncomfortable situation on a Saturday night in inclement weather.

Frustrated and left with no choice, I had to relocate to another hotel at double the cost. When questioning the reason for my abrupt departure, Anna Strozheva's dismissive reply was that I complained too much, causing stress to her staff. This not only reflected poor customer service but also displayed a lack of accountability for the hotel's own shortcomings.

Overall, my experience at the Royal Scot hotel was marred by constant issues, unresponsive management, and a disappointing level of service. I strongly advise potential guests to reconsider staying at this establishment.

Room tip: Old facility, cheap, dated rooms and very rude front desk manager “Anna Strozheva”
  • Trip type: Travelled solo