“nice place with proper price in such a good position” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Island Travel Inn

Island Travel Inn
Ranked #48 of 52 Hotels in Victoria
Victoria
“nice place with proper price in such a good position”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

a little bit noisy at night cause it is near the road. Over all, it is a nice place to stay with such a good price and convenient position.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
      Location
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Campbell River, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

Planned on staying here for 3 nights... should have checked trip advisor 1st. I will start with the positive, the woman working at front desk was extremely nice and professional. Thats all I can say. We parked in the underground parking figuring we could unload our stuff and hop straight into the elevator. Wrong. The door to access the elevator was locked so I stood there with our bags until my bf ran upstairs again and took the elevator down to unlock the door. Front desk told us the door is never locked... ok. Minor inconvience. Got up to the third floor and it wreaked of cig smoke. We figured with such an old building it was just years of previous smoking left lingering in the walls. But that night the hallways wreaked so bad it was obvious people were smoking in the rooms. Also the major cigerette burns in our comforter was our other big tip that it wasn't from the days of smoking inside (legally). I was so disgusted. I didn't even want to imagine the things that hotel room had seen and the stains all over the comforter didn't help . The toilet was another issue but I wont go into it. I had stayed here a few years back and I didn't remember it being so scummy so it was a disapointment. If your budget only allows this place then ok but it is really really worth it to spend the extra 20 or 30 and get a cleaner place. Needless to say we checked out by 9am the next day, didn't even shower (after reading about silverfish in the tub on here).

ps the entire building shakes when large trucks drive by.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Trevor P, General Manager at Island Travel Inn, responded to this review, 24 February 2013
Hi Thank you for taking your time and submitting a review on our hotel. I would first like to appologize for your not so welcoming stay and would like to have you email me gmislandtravel@gmail.com so I may settle your issues

I took the property over in January this year and have had a bunch of hurdles to jump through but we are now back on the right track and again I am very sorry for your last stay and would like to invite you back to see our changes. We have added Continental breakfast and cleaned the place up

Trevor

Travellers are raving about these Victoria hotels

asheville,nc
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2011

i really didn't want to stay "downtown" but I couldn;t find a room with a decent rate so stayed here. Its just like a major chain style hotel, but room was nice. Rate was good (got a walk in rate) and included breakfast at a little coffee shop around the corner. I walked to china town one block over for dinner and walked thru other parts of town. Very convenient....free parking. Would recommend if you are looking for something reasonable affordable.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Dortmund, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2011

The room was small but clean. We had WIFI included and free continental breakfast which was served in a cafe next door (nothing special but ok). The staff was very friendly and helpful.
The hotel was located in China town which is a very pretty area and very clean either. It was a 15 minutes walk to the harbour front and was close to very nice restaurants. It was a pleasant stay, not so much of the hotel but because of the location and the rate.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Everett, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2011

First of all the hot water was not turned on and wrench shut, obviously a leak. We were asked if that was going to be a problem with not having hot water until the next day.We asked to move to another room, they offered two rooms, the noisy one, or the one that the tv didn't work and they had another one sitting on top of the Armour. Only a few channels were clear, but all others were snowy. There was hair on the floor in the bathroom and on one of the pillows. This was very disappointing!!! Spend the extra 30 bucks for a better hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Robyn425
Trevor P, General Manager at Island Travel Inn, responded to this review, 7 March 2013
Hi I am very sorry for your experience back in 2011

The hotel at that time was just coming out of Receivership and a whole new experience for everyone then. We did our best to find issues out for each and everyroom and somethings were missed and we are very sorry about that. I am also sorry its taken 2 years to reply. The past managers never did follow ups. I would like to invite you back to stay with us you can email me at gmislandtravel@gmail.com or call 250-590-6307.

Again I am very sorry for this response taking forever and your unsatisfactory stay
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

As a single female, I did not like this place. There were homeless men cat calling me in the parking lot. I figured my car would be broken into so I took everything, everything, out of it (it wasn't thankfully). The room was gross. Smelled like cigarettes which matched with the cigarette holes in the bed spread. It was loud. When my alarm went off at 3:30am, I was happy. There were holes in the walls, in the furniture. It was over all just kind of creepy. If you are a tough guy, stay here. If you are a woman travelling alone, keep going. There are better places to stay. Just read my other reviews.

Stayed October 2010, travelled on business