“Very pleasant and an exceptional value.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn - Victoria on the Harbour

Days Inn - Victoria on the Harbour
Ranked #32 of 53 Hotels in Victoria
“Very pleasant and an exceptional value.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

We stayed a Sunday night in February, harbor view, corner room. It was very small, in the European way but clean and very well appointed. Free bottles of water, nice bathrobes, wifi, good desk for work with a good chair. We were on the forth floor and I was worried it might be noisy from the road traffic but that was not an issue at all. The bed, pillows and bedding were very comfortable. The room was quiet and I slept very well which is rare for me as I am a very light sleeper. They allow dogs on the second floor so I'm looking forward to bringing my furry friend next time.
Our rate with the AAA discount was under $76 plus tax and included a sit down, table service continental breakfast which was quite substantial or in the alternative you can get $5 off a regular breakfast off the menu.
I highly recommend the hotel for it's quality, value and convenient location.

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank Ridemoreponies
GMDaysInnVic, General Manager at Days Inn - Victoria on the Harbour, responded to this review, 1 March 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. We love to hear that our guests enjoyed their stay with us. In today’s economy it’s important to know that you are getting value in your stay and we appreciate that you find it in our Hotel. Yes, we are certainly pet-friendly and look forward to welcoming your furry friend on your next visit! I will be sure to pass on your wonderful comments to all of our staff. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
seattle washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2011

This is about our 6th time staying at Days Inn on the Harbour and we have recommended it to many of our friends. This is not an upscale plush hotel, but a well run modest hotel with a great location. The rooms are small but well furnished and clean with comfortable beds. Robes were provided along with coffee maker and an electric kettle to make tea, along with bottled water. The harbour facing rooms are our favourite and we don't find them noisy and it is interesting to watch the comings and goings on the harbour. Any noise usually comes when the downstairs bar/pub "smokers" are outside I think. The restaurant serves good breakfasts and has deals for lunch and dinner. The pub is a nice amenity and always seems busy and full of life. The walk into downtown Victoria past the Parliament Bldgs and Empress Hotel is fantastic. I would heartily recommend this hotel without reservation to anyone. The staff are polite, helpful and available too.

Room Tip: We like 3rd floor for the view, and also as pets are allowed on the 2nd floor and we dont want to sa...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gowelltraveller
GMDaysInnVic, General Manager at Days Inn - Victoria on the Harbour, responded to this review, 5 December 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. It is wonderful to hear that you recommend our hotel to your friends and will again this time. As the saying goes, it's not often enough that we hear from our guests letting us know of their enjoyable stay, and it is always greatly appreciated when they do. Thank you again for taking the time to post this review and we look forward to welcoming you to our beautiful city again in the future.
Anacortes, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2011

Overall, I would stay there again. As has been said, the location can't be beat. The rooms were small, but fine. Having an oven range was a surprise, so we are able to cook and save money on meals. Bathrobes were a pleasant surprise. On the negative, the bathtub barely drained, the kitchen was lacking any knives to cut with, and there was no A/C (we were there in October, so no problem). There was no conditioner in the bathroom either (I can't live without conditioner). There are two central issues, though, that left me with a bad feeling. One was the coffee packet (you know, the cheapy micro-sized packets). One was provided, which makes enough coffee for one person. When I asked for another, I was told it would be $1.00. I was shocked. Most hotels give away good coffee! The other was the fact that we left our camera in the room with pictures that I really needed on it. I called immediately after discovering this (on our drive back to the ferry) and first they said "they'd look around for it." After insisting that they please go look right now, they did, and found it. I was so relieved. They said they'd mail it back and charge the costs to our card. No problem. However, it has been two weeks today and still nothing in the mail. I called. They haven't even mailed it yet! Had I known it would take so long, I would have turned the car around and picked it up! The problem is I really needed those photos. I asked why they didn't say it would be so long, and they responded that since it takes an hour to go mail something, they only do it every couple weeks or so. I had a presentation to do at work that failed thanks to not having the photos. The poor customer service/accomodation surprised me. Hopefully this was a unique situation.

Room Tip: I thought from the website that all rooms had kitchens...not true.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
GMDaysInnVic, General Manager at Days Inn - Victoria on the Harbour, responded to this review, 3 November 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. It appears that our customer service was not at our Days Inn standard during, and after, your stay and I apologize. I will be investigating the situation further, but in the meantime, please know that we do our utmost to have our guests comfortable during their stay – whether it’s getting maintenance to the room to fix a drain or other amenities, including conditioner, toothbrushes, earplugs, combs, etc, available for our guests at the desk. I hope you have received your camera now, which should have been sent much more promptly then it was – definitely a unique situation. Thank you again for taking the time to post this review – we’re very happy to hear that you will stay with us again!
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2011

This was a great location for my visit to Victoria. Having a harbour facing room made for an interesting, in a positive way, 'window' on inner harbour. The room was comfortable and nicely furnished as I had experienced a few years earlier. Downtown free parking was a bonus. I stayed here in October and the room was quite comfortable. Bottom line is I would stay here again and suggest it to friends. This has to be one of the best values in Victoria.

Room Tip: Ask for a harbour facing room. Watching the harbour traffic is a great diversion.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GMDaysInnVic, General Manager at Days Inn - Victoria on the Harbour, responded to this review, 21 October 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your wonderful comments on our Hotel. We are thrilled that you enjoyed our hotel. We are quite lucky that our ideal location allows our guests to be in the heart of downtown; close to shopping, sightseeing and of course the people and seaplane watching on the Inner Harbour. Thank you again for taking the time to post this review and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future!
Calgary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

The room we had facing the harbour was clean and cozy. The furnishings are updated and much nicer than what I expected. House coats were even supplied. The hotel also had free parking which seemed a rarity when looking at downtown hotels in Victoria.

We had to extend our stay for a couple hours and the front desk was more than happy to accomodate us.

Its a bit noisy facing the ferry, but for one night it was worth it to have the nice view.

Room Tip: If you want a view face the harbour, if you want quiet ask to face the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DebGCalgary
GMDaysInnVic, General Manager at Days Inn - Victoria on the Harbour, responded to this review, 14 October 2011
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review on our Hotel. We are glad you found our Hotel nicer than you expected – and you enjoyed the robes – wonderful to hear and we’ll be sure to pass onto our employees so they keep up the good work! Thank you again for taking the time to post this review and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.
Salmon Arm
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

I'm not sure why this hotel has some bad reviews, our stay was fine. Our room was for 4 adults and a dog. The room was very clean, front desk service was very polite and helpful. The location is excellant. The beds were just doubles not queens, queens would have been nice but we were just there for two nights so it wasn't a problem. Rooms are on the small size but we don't spend much time in the room anyway. The restaurant has a very good breakfast also. I will stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Garyinsalmonarm
GMDaysInnVic, General Manager at Days Inn - Victoria on the Harbour, responded to this review, 8 September 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. We are thrilled that you enjoyed our hotel. We are quite lucky that we are able to be pet-friendly – and we enjoy our furry guests! Our ideal location allows our guests to be in the heart of downtown; close to shopping,and sightseeing. Great to hear you enjoyed our on-site restaurant as well. Thank you again for taking the time to post your comments and we look forward to welcoming you, and your pets, again in the future!
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2011

My wife and I spent 2 wonderful weeks, beginning July 20, 2011, at the Days Inn Victoria, BC, for the 4th year in a row. The views from our room were ever changing and fascinating. The Inn staff, from Manager, to Front Desk, to Housekeeper, were friendly and efficient. The Inn is in a great location, within an easy walk of the sights of the charming Inner Harbour and the shops and restaurants of downtown, although the Inn itself has a great restaurant. A bit further but still a very doable walk is beautiful Beacon Hill park, with a hill overlooking the Juan de Fuca Strait and the majestic Olympic Mtns. of Washington State. The Days Inn in Victoria is still very much a value for money.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMDaysInnVic, General Manager at Days Inn - Victoria on the Harbour, responded to this review, 20 September 2011
Thank you so much for your wonderful review on your recent stay with us. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate all of our guests feedback and the positive comments will be forwarded to all of our staff. We llok forward to seeing you on your next visit to our beautiful garden city!