3,102 results
All reviews corner room turn down service continental breakfast great boutique valet parking gas fireplace perfect location downtown victoria lovely hotel within walking distance valet service small hotel parliament building beautiful room government street top floor front desk staff
Reviewed January 29, 2012

I have not heard of this hotel before even though I went to Victoria so many times. I have stayed in several other hotels close to Parliament Hill but decided I'll try Hotwire for once and go with the adventure of discovering a new hotel. I thought a 4 star hotel with almost 100% recommendation won't be too far off. I was so happy to get booked into Magnolia, and everything is beyond my expectation. It is close to float plane terminal and everything else, and the room was immaculate. My only regret is my stay is too short, and I didn't get the chance to have breakfast there due to my medical need. But everything is very welcoming. I would definitely go back again. I didn't get any view in my room as it is looking out to the roof top and wall of another building, but it doesn't matter as I'm on a business trip and hardly get a chance to look out of the window.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Duncow
Reviewed January 27, 2012

Great service, rooms and location, bonus is vallet parking, and breakfast. Have stayed here many times over the last 3 years and am always pleased. Staff are consistantly fabulous, rooms are lovely.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large, some with fireplace, some with view of Parliment Buildings.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Barbara150
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Booked this through Priceline.com,didn't know which hotel our bid would aquire. We have stayed in Victoria numerous times,usually at the Marriott inner harbour,but thought we would try priceline,where you don't know what property you have purchased until they tell you and save a significant mount of money. What a great choice! Perfectly appointed room,very comfortable beds..first class. Included a well thought out continental breakfast at their Prime restaurant. Staff were very friendly,no pool,but offers everything else including a full service spa.Turn down service never happened as it was supposed to @ about 5pm..or this hotel would get a perfect rating from me.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view..if available.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Apollocanada
MagnoliaHotelGM, General Manager at Magnolia Hotel And Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2012

Thanks for your kind review ApolloCanada!

We're thrilled that you had a wonderful stay, and appreciate your sharing your feedback.
I would like to express my sincere apologies for the issue with turndown. Evening turndown is included with all rooms between 5:30 and 7:00pm daily. This is one of the little elements that many guests enjoy about our Luxury Boutique hotel, and I am sincerely sorry that you did not get your room turned down.

I will email my contact information to you, and welcome you to contact me personally to make this up to you on a future visit.

Thank you again for your business and feedback!

Best Wishes,

Bill Lewis
The Magnolia Hotel & Spa,
Victoria's Luxury Spa Boutique Hotel

Reviewed January 23, 2012

Well worth a stay here. The team at the front desk were just the friendliest and extremely helpful. The rooms are comfortable with the bathrooms full of goodies. I would definitely come back.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank zipzip1977
Reviewed January 21, 2012

This hotel has a great central location, close to the waterfront and bus station and close to all amenities. Really decent sized rooms, and a welcome plate of fruit, chocolate and water awaited us on arrival. The hotel offered hot apple cider, tea and coffee in the reception, free of charge. Breakfast was also included in the price, which was a welcome surprise and offered a great selection to set you up for the day.
The hotel staff are very friendly and welcoming.

Absolutely recommend this hotel for a stay in Victoria.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple