“Excellent as always”

Magnolia Hotel And Spa
Ranked #2 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
Reviewed 30 January 2012

This hotel always exceeds expectation. I travel extensively for business and I always enjoy returning to the Magnolia. Everything is always perfect. When I walk in the door and smell the Hot Apple Cider, I relax and know that I will be taken care of. The complimentary breakfast is outstanding and the food at Prime is always to perfection. Great job!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Charlene W
There are newer reviews for Magnolia Hotel And Spa

Reviewed 29 January 2012

My Wife and I just spent a relaxing weekend in Victoria at the Magnolia Hotel. We were attracted by the very good reviews and ratings on TripAdvisor. The hotel fully met our expectations.

To begin with you are staying in a location that enables walking to all of the downtown sights and restaurants. If you want to venture farther there is a bike rental shop one block south and two rental car outlets (Budget and National) two blacks to the southeast. Don't rent a car unless you need to as parking will cost $20/night.

Out room (#503) faced the harbour and had a king bed. It's fairly close to the elevator but we didn't really notice any noise. The room is large enough for a sitting area, desk, dresser and wet bar. Our room did have a safe. The bathroom has both a tub and shower. Aveda products are featured. The bed was very comfortable and the A/C system nice and quiet which helps get a restful sleep. Rooms on the north and west sides might hear bar noise on Fridays or Saturdays so you might want a room higher up.

Breakfast is served in the restaurant/ lounge next door. YOu certainly will not go away hungry. Oatmeal, toast, pastries, yogurt etc plus the usual coffee, tea, juice etc and lots of seating area. Grab a free paper in the lounge and have a relaxed breakfast.

Staff were friendly and helpful without being annoying. The room was clean and beds turned down in the evening.

Overall, at the price we paid ($121/night), I was very pleased.

Room Tip: Look for a room on a higher floor that has a south or west window(s) for the best views.
3  Thank Maplehawk
Reviewed 29 January 2012

I have not heard of this hotel before even though I went to Victoria so many times. I have stayed in several other hotels close to Parliament Hill but decided I'll try Hotwire for once and go with the adventure of discovering a new hotel. I thought a 4 star hotel with almost 100% recommendation won't be too far off. I was so happy to get booked into Magnolia, and everything is beyond my expectation. It is close to float plane terminal and everything else, and the room was immaculate. My only regret is my stay is too short, and I didn't get the chance to have breakfast there due to my medical need. But everything is very welcoming. I would definitely go back again. I didn't get any view in my room as it is looking out to the roof top and wall of another building, but it doesn't matter as I'm on a business trip and hardly get a chance to look out of the window.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Duncow
Reviewed 27 January 2012

Great service, rooms and location, bonus is vallet parking, and breakfast. Have stayed here many times over the last 3 years and am always pleased. Staff are consistantly fabulous, rooms are lovely.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large, some with fireplace, some with view of Parliment Buildings.
2  Thank Barbara150
Reviewed 26 January 2012

Booked this through Priceline.com,didn't know which hotel our bid would aquire. We have stayed in Victoria numerous times,usually at the Marriott inner harbour,but thought we would try priceline,where you don't know what property you have purchased until they tell you and save a significant mount of money. What a great choice! Perfectly appointed room,very comfortable beds..first class. Included a well thought out continental breakfast at their Prime restaurant. Staff were very friendly,no pool,but offers everything else including a full service spa.Turn down service never happened as it was supposed to @ about 5pm..or this hotel would get a perfect rating from me.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view..if available.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Apollocanada
MagnoliaHotelGM, General Manager at Magnolia Hotel And Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2012

Thanks for your kind review ApolloCanada!

We're thrilled that you had a wonderful stay, and appreciate your sharing your feedback.
I would like to express my sincere apologies for the issue with turndown. Evening turndown is included with all rooms between 5:30 and 7:00pm daily. This is one of the little elements that many guests enjoy about our Luxury Boutique hotel, and I am sincerely sorry that you did not get your room turned down.

I will email my contact information to you, and welcome you to contact me personally to make this up to you on a future visit.

Thank you again for your business and feedback!

Best Wishes,

Bill Lewis
The Magnolia Hotel & Spa,
Victoria's Luxury Spa Boutique Hotel

Reviewed 23 January 2012

Well worth a stay here. The team at the front desk were just the friendliest and extremely helpful. The rooms are comfortable with the bathrooms full of goodies. I would definitely come back.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank zipzip1977
Reviewed 21 January 2012

This hotel has a great central location, close to the waterfront and bus station and close to all amenities. Really decent sized rooms, and a welcome plate of fruit, chocolate and water awaited us on arrival. The hotel offered hot apple cider, tea and coffee in the reception, free of charge. Breakfast was also included in the price, which was a welcome surprise and offered a great selection to set you up for the day.
The hotel staff are very friendly and welcoming.

Absolutely recommend this hotel for a stay in Victoria.

2  Thank wilbury321