Magnolia Hotel And Spa
US$357
US$262
  • Pool
Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites(Victoria)
US$343
US$241
Doubletree.com
US$160
US$149
Accent Inn Victoria(Victoria)(Great Value!)
US$187
US$181
US$213
Cancelon
2,963 results
All reviewscorner roomturn down servicecontinental breakfastgreat boutiquevalet parkinggas fireplacedowntown victoriaperfect locationwithin walking distancelovely hotelsmall hotelvalet servicegovernment streetparliament buildingbeautiful roomwonderful staytop floor
Reviewed February 6, 2012

I have used the Magnolia for my business trips to Victoria on several occasions. I take my wife along on some of my trips to Vancouver Island and The Magnolia certainly helps to make these trips great! The rooms are ample, clean and tastefully decorated. The location of the hotel is excellent. Close to everything. Parking is not included with some package deals, but the street parking is free between 6 PM and 9 AM. With the breakfast "included" (which is of very good quality) the overall value is very good. Highly recommended...

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed February 4, 2012

We haven't written a review in over two years, but we felt compelled to say something nice about Magnolia. From the moment we arrived on Friday evening until Sunday afternoon, everything was perfect. The staff were attentive and upbeat, the housekeepers were fun to chat with - and the nighttime chocolates were the best.

We went for the lowest price room, which did give us an alley view, but they had some availability so they upgraded us the next night at no charge to the fourth floor, where we had a very nice view of the Legislature and a little of the inner harbour.

We had our new puppy, and they couldn't have been more helpful.

The only inconvenience was the valet parking. I'm always forgetting stuff in the car, and because the parking is secured, one of the staff has to run down to fetch stuff out of the car.

But overall a great weekend, in spite of some rainy weather.

2  Thank wr1
Reviewed February 3, 2012

I want to thank and congratulate the hotel and in particular your staff that took our reservation, greeted us at check-in and said goodbye at check-out. I made the reservation and just mentioned in passing the trip to Victoria was for my wife’s birthday. On arrival in our room was a lovely sampler box of Roger’s chocolates (which thankfully, she let me share!) and birthday card. Every time we met staff in the hallways or elevator the greeting was cheery and very welcoming.

On the Friday evening we enjoyed a ‘best ever’ dinner at Prime where the service was excellent and the ‘mac & cheese’ truly a surprisingly gourmet side dish.

The continental breakfast was well presented and exceeded expectations, the live lobby piano a delight! Our departure was efficient after a late checkout was granted and car retrieved, complete with bottled water.

Without hesitation I will encourage friends and business acquaintances to enjoy a stay at the Magnolia.

Room Tip: Harbour View
4  Thank Marty D
MagnoliaHotelGM, General Manager at Magnolia Hotel And Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2012

Wow! Marty -- Thank you ever so much for the wonderful feedback.
Your review was lovely to read with such great deatil, we cannot wait
to have you back to the hotel. The piano, the service, the breakfast, the "best" dinner
ever.....THANK YOU for the kind words on behalf of our entire team.

I also really appreciate the recommendation you left
on the hotel's Facebook page.

I have emailed my personal contact info to you, and hope we see you back soon.

Best Wishes,

Bill Lewis
The Magnolia Hotel & Spa
Victoria's Luxury Spa Boutique Hotel

Reviewed January 30, 2012

This hotel always exceeds expectation. I travel extensively for business and I always enjoy returning to the Magnolia. Everything is always perfect. When I walk in the door and smell the Hot Apple Cider, I relax and know that I will be taken care of. The complimentary breakfast is outstanding and the food at Prime is always to perfection. Great job!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Charlene W
Reviewed January 29, 2012

My Wife and I just spent a relaxing weekend in Victoria at the Magnolia Hotel. We were attracted by the very good reviews and ratings on TripAdvisor. The hotel fully met our expectations.

To begin with you are staying in a location that enables walking to all of the downtown sights and restaurants. If you want to venture farther there is a bike rental shop one block south and two rental car outlets (Budget and National) two blacks to the southeast. Don't rent a car unless you need to as parking will cost $20/night.

Out room (#503) faced the harbour and had a king bed. It's fairly close to the elevator but we didn't really notice any noise. The room is large enough for a sitting area, desk, dresser and wet bar. Our room did have a safe. The bathroom has both a tub and shower. Aveda products are featured. The bed was very comfortable and the A/C system nice and quiet which helps get a restful sleep. Rooms on the north and west sides might hear bar noise on Fridays or Saturdays so you might want a room higher up.

Breakfast is served in the restaurant/ lounge next door. YOu certainly will not go away hungry. Oatmeal, toast, pastries, yogurt etc plus the usual coffee, tea, juice etc and lots of seating area. Grab a free paper in the lounge and have a relaxed breakfast.

Staff were friendly and helpful without being annoying. The room was clean and beds turned down in the evening.

Overall, at the price we paid ($121/night), I was very pleased.

Room Tip: Look for a room on a higher floor that has a south or west window(s) for the best views.
3  Thank Maplehawk