“Favorite Hotel in Victoria”

Magnolia Hotel And Spa
Ranked #2 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
Reviewed 10 February 2012

My wife and I are from So Cal, and absolutely love Victoria, BC. We have stayed at several different hotels in the city, and our favorite bar none is the Magnolia hotel, downtown.
It is in a perfect location for sightseeing, shopping and dining. Get a corner room if possible to enjoy magnificient views of the parliament building, particularly at night. A first class hotel with great service.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ww11hort
There are newer reviews for Magnolia Hotel And Spa

Reviewed 6 February 2012

I had another great stay at the magnolia. the staff are all very helpfull and always there when you need them. I booked this room on short notice and had no problems, the room was clean and ready when I arrived. I will definatley stay there agian.

Room Tip: upper floors have a great view of the inner harbour
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 February 2012

We stayed at this hotel Feb 4th thru Feb 6th , Our room was #606 a lovely corner room with an excellent view of the Parliament buildings and harbour.
We took advantage of the "ferry on Us" promotion that offers a $150.00 credit for the ferry & car from the mainland
The hotel offers a very nice complimentary continental breakfast each morning
The hotel offers a valet parking service with in & out priviledges 24 hours a day
The staff have a wonderful, professional & friendly attitute towards the guests... I would attribute this to excellent training from management..my compliments
I would recommend this hotel to friends ,family & business associates

Room Tip: we stayed in room #606 , it cost slightly more but worth the little extra
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank walter56
MagnoliaHotelGM, General Manager at Magnolia Hotel And Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2012

Thanks for the great review Walter,
606 offers a pretty amazing view of the inner harbour and legislative buildings.
We're thrilled you enjoyed it and we able to take advantage of our "Ferry on Us" offer.

We hope to see you back again soon,

If I can be of personal assistance at any time, please contact me at any time.

Bill Lewis
The Magnolia Hotel & Spa
Victoria's Luxury Spa Boutique Hotel

Reviewed 6 February 2012

I have used the Magnolia for my business trips to Victoria on several occasions. I take my wife along on some of my trips to Vancouver Island and The Magnolia certainly helps to make these trips great! The rooms are ample, clean and tastefully decorated. The location of the hotel is excellent. Close to everything. Parking is not included with some package deals, but the street parking is free between 6 PM and 9 AM. With the breakfast "included" (which is of very good quality) the overall value is very good. Highly recommended...

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 February 2012

We haven't written a review in over two years, but we felt compelled to say something nice about Magnolia. From the moment we arrived on Friday evening until Sunday afternoon, everything was perfect. The staff were attentive and upbeat, the housekeepers were fun to chat with - and the nighttime chocolates were the best.

We went for the lowest price room, which did give us an alley view, but they had some availability so they upgraded us the next night at no charge to the fourth floor, where we had a very nice view of the Legislature and a little of the inner harbour.

We had our new puppy, and they couldn't have been more helpful.

The only inconvenience was the valet parking. I'm always forgetting stuff in the car, and because the parking is secured, one of the staff has to run down to fetch stuff out of the car.

But overall a great weekend, in spite of some rainy weather.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank wr1
Reviewed 3 February 2012

I want to thank and congratulate the hotel and in particular your staff that took our reservation, greeted us at check-in and said goodbye at check-out. I made the reservation and just mentioned in passing the trip to Victoria was for my wife’s birthday. On arrival in our room was a lovely sampler box of Roger’s chocolates (which thankfully, she let me share!) and birthday card. Every time we met staff in the hallways or elevator the greeting was cheery and very welcoming.

On the Friday evening we enjoyed a ‘best ever’ dinner at Prime where the service was excellent and the ‘mac & cheese’ truly a surprisingly gourmet side dish.

The continental breakfast was well presented and exceeded expectations, the live lobby piano a delight! Our departure was efficient after a late checkout was granted and car retrieved, complete with bottled water.

Without hesitation I will encourage friends and business acquaintances to enjoy a stay at the Magnolia.

Room Tip: Harbour View
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Marty D

Wow! Marty -- Thank you ever so much for the wonderful feedback.
Your review was lovely to read with such great deatil, we cannot wait
to have you back to the hotel. The piano, the service, the breakfast, the "best" dinner
ever.....THANK YOU for the kind words on behalf of our entire team.

I also really appreciate the recommendation you left
on the hotel's Facebook page.

I have emailed my personal contact info to you, and hope we see you back soon.

Best Wishes,

Bill Lewis
The Magnolia Hotel & Spa
Victoria's Luxury Spa Boutique Hotel

Reviewed 30 January 2012

This hotel always exceeds expectation. I travel extensively for business and I always enjoy returning to the Magnolia. Everything is always perfect. When I walk in the door and smell the Hot Apple Cider, I relax and know that I will be taken care of. The complimentary breakfast is outstanding and the food at Prime is always to perfection. Great job!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business