3,064 results
All reviewscorner roomturn down servicecontinental breakfastgreat boutiquevalet parkinggas fireplaceperfect locationdowntown victorialovely hotelwithin walking distancevalet servicesmall hotelbeautiful roomparliament buildinggovernment streettop floorfront desk staff
Reviewed March 1, 2012

My travel agent sent out e-mail requests for availability and price for an early check-in (10 or 11am) to three hotels in Victoria. The Magnolia telephoned back *immediately* and said, 'no problem, no charge for early check in, whenever he wants to arrive'. That got them the business!

I was surprised to find that the hotel building was not an old one; certainly inside it is decorated in a 'clubby' style - very cosy and comfortable.

The room was very comfortable and quite spacious. Front desk was friendly and efficient. Answers to questions about locations in Victoria were given quickly and fully.

I was a bit disappointed in the noise transmitted through walls. Whilst not ultimately a problem, once could hear conversations next door, although in this case it was probably a loud cell call.

No hesitation in going back to the magnolia next time I'm in Victoria.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed February 29, 2012

This little hotel is truly a "diamond". Centrally located, superior customer service always, cozy and comfortable rooms with Aveda bath products for a little bit of luxury away from home. Have stayed here many times and have never been disappointed.
Front desk staff are friendly and helpful

Room Tip: Views of the harbour are better than views of the parliament buildings.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Lynne C
Reviewed February 28, 2012

I had a great 2-day stay here last week. I'm sure the photos of this hotel speak for themselves - the rooms and decor are very tasteful and elegant, and it's in a great location. What was exceptional about this stay was the helpfulness of one particular staff member, who went above and beyond to accommodate my dietary restrictions at the continental breakfast for both of the days that I stayed here. I approached him to ask about the dairy free/meat free options at the continental breakfast, of which were very limited. I hadn't anticipated being able to eat there to begin with, and thanked him and said I would go elsewhere, but he further inquired what it was that I was looking for, and what ingredients it would take to make it. He made me a fantastic dairy-free smoothie and was there again the next day to make my special breakfast again. His level of service further stands out because the second day before I saw him, I asked a different staff member who was in the breakfast room for a dairy free smoothie, and she replied that they didn't do smoothies/it wasn't possible. I've worked in the service industry myself, and I really appreciated the extra effort and willingness he made to ensure I started my day off right.

Room Tip: ask for one with a view of the harbour!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We decided on the Magnolia Hotel for a weekend in Victoria after reading the TripAdvisor reviews.

The key thing that stood out during our stay was the service ethos. Every interaction with hotel staff was positive, including front desk staff, continental breakfast service, cleaning personnel, and the valet.

We stayed in a corner signature room which was plenty roomy, despite the rollaway bed for our daughter, with views of the Empress and BC Legislature building. The room was very clean and included both a shower and bathtub. The continental breakfast was excellent.

The hotel's in a great location, within walking distance to all the Inner Harbour attractions.

My only issue with the hotel was its spotty/slow WiFi. There was an Ethernet connection in the room, but that didn't help with non-Ethernet devices (e.g., iPhone and iPad). It was nice that they had computers with free printing in the business center.

We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank NewBhamster
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Had a great stay in January 2012! The location is great...convenient walking distance to lots of restaurants and shops. Also an easy walk to the waterfront and parliament buildings. Staff were very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends