3,106 results
All reviews corner room turn down service continental breakfast great boutique valet parking gas fireplace perfect location downtown victoria lovely hotel within walking distance valet service small hotel parliament building beautiful room government street top floor front desk staff
Reviewed April 18, 2012

After a long run of stays at chain hotels I decided to give a boutique hotel a try this week. Thanks to my Tripadvisor friends for recommending this property. I stayed for one night on business.

If you need something in downtown Victoria you really can't go wrong with the Magnolia. The hotel is well appointed, incredibly clean and has very friendly staff. The front desk was very efficient and helpful and the room was spotless. The bed was not the best ever but still very comfortable with a good selection of pillows. The bathroom has a shower stall and a tub. I can't stress enough how clean the room was. I didn't opt for a view room so i can't speak to that.

The location is great if you need to access anything downtown. I lucked out and got street parking right outside the front door which was free until the next morning at 9am. So, I didn't have to pay the $20 valet fee.

On the down side I found the HVAC system to be a bit disappointing. There was a noticeable squealing/ratlting noise from the fan. I need the noise when I sleep so it did bother me a bit. Also, the ironing board was pretty bad. The cover was worn and quite wrinkled and I gave up on trying to fold the thing. This sounds trivial but when you need to press a shirt for business it's so much better to have quality tools.

Overall it was a great stay. You can get a good discount on the room if you are a CPSA member. If you travel a lot,even if you're not in sales, then the price of a membership more than pays for itself in hotel discounts.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
MagnoliaHotelGM, General Manager at Magnolia Hotel And Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012

Thank you for your kind review of the hotel following your recent visit AA_Delta,

I appreciate all of the kind feedback about your visit and am glad we will have the opportunity to welcome you back. I do appreciate your corresponding with me as well following your visit and so that we could ensure the deficiencies in your visit are rectified.

Thank you again for choosing The Magnolia Hotel & Spa

Bill Lewis
The Magnolia Hotel & Spa
Victoria's Luxury Spa Boutique Hotel

Reviewed April 16, 2012

Really loved this hotel, was sorry we only stayed one night in Victoria. The staff was very welcoming and friendly; needed a room w/ 2 beds, but first room we checked into had only one; staff immediately got us into another room, equally nice. Furnishings were very comfortable, best hotel robe I have ever used! Breakfast was very good, lots of choices, nice service. We booked a massage, manicure and pedicure at the spa -- all were wonderful; wish we could have stayed longer to enjoy this great hospitality. The location is perfect, easy walking distance to restaurants and shops; went for a run around the harbor in the morning, weather was perfect, probably the most picturesque 5K I've ever run.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed April 11, 2012

We stayed as a family in August 2011 for 4 nights towards the end of our British Columbia toruing holiday. We found the hotel to be in the perfect location for touring and sightseeing in the Victoria area. The staff at breakfast were very good, and offered tips and guidance on how to make the most of our stay in the area (i.e. take a towel if you visit Butchart Gardens for the fireworks to reserve yourself a good place on the lawn as it gets quite crowded). As for the breakfast there was a great selection of hot and cold options to choose from and we certainly didn't want for any more. I have personally stayed in many hotels for business and pleasure and I can honestly say that the Magnolia was one of the best. Good value. Good service. Good quality. Good location. What more can you ask for?

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed April 9, 2012

We chose a corner room for our first visit and had an amazing view of the harbour and watched the seaplanes and ferries from the cozy chairs by the window.The hotel is in the perfect spot for walking to all of the best restaurants and tourist( want-to-sees) The turn down service ,with yummy chocolates, fresh water and fruit, the morning breakfast, the on site restaurant made this one of our best get aways. We will definately go back.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2012

As an allergy sufferer I have a difficult time finding a hotel room in which I can breathe. The room at the Magnolia was very clean with a freshly laundered duvet and clean carpeting. I know that some hotels clean their duvets only periodically and this makes a tremendous difference. In addition to the clean, luxurious room, I really appreciated the friendly, courteous staff. Without exception, each staff member I spoke with was polite, attentive, and ready to do whatever was necessary to provide top notch service.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo