3,106 results
All reviews corner room turn down service continental breakfast great boutique valet parking gas fireplace perfect location downtown victoria lovely hotel within walking distance valet service small hotel parliament building beautiful room government street top floor front desk staff
Reviewed June 26, 2012

There definition of superior rooms is ...... haaaaw !

Well, if the only view you get is looking at an old building 20 ft away accross the street ..... Not sure I want to be in their regular rooms.

Continantal breakfast is included but there is no service at all. At least you don't feel cheap not leaving tips .

I will try something else next time.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Stayed at the Magnolia on June 18, 2012 to celebrate our 29th wedding anniversary. When we checked in we were told that we had been upgraded to the best suite. It was a beautiful corner suite on the top floor, with fireplace and a lovely view of the Legislative buildings and Inner Harbour. Perfect location! Breakfast in the morning was lovely. I had read some previous reviews about the breakfast and was concerned that it may be less than expected, however it was more. Not sure what some people expect, as we were very happy to be able to have coffee/tea, juice, fruit, yogurt, bagels, waffles, etc and so much more. They offer coffee, tea, lemonade and fresh fruit in the lobby all day! Wonderful. Would definitely stay again!
One little observation~we requested via the Guestfolio for an early check-in, however did not receive any e-mail confirmation back. When I called the morning we were checking in I was happily advised that our room was ready (even earlier that I had requested). Had we received a reply we would have been able to check in early and had more time to enjoy our lovely room~maybe next time! Thanks again to all the staff at the lovely Magnolia Hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I can't say enough good things about this hotel. The hotel is conveniently located near the city center and numerous attractions. The breakfast buffet is awesome, and the personally made fruit smooothies were really over the top. The service, professionalism, and sincere hospitality by the hotel management and staff made our vacation to Victoria a truly memorable experience.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I must start by saying that by all standards this is a very nice hotel and we were really looking forward to staying there. Location is central and close to shops and amenities, the rooms are bright, spacious and equipped with a number of thoughtful additions that really make you feel welcome as soon as you arrive.
Unfortunatly for us this hotel also has an A/C system that we found especially noisy. We asked to be moved from the first room shortly after checking in and classically we were told that they were fully booked for the night and so couldn't be moved. The next day, after a sleepless night and a phone call from the travel agent who organized our honeymoon, we were offered a room upgrade although we didn't ask for anything of the sort as we were just concerned about getting some sleep and all we wanted was for the constant humming to off. The noise issue was slightly better in this second room but still not ok and in the end we were just relieved to be leaving the place. Apart from the A/C problem, which I appreciate cannot be solved overnight, what really annoyed me was the attitude of the hotel staff. It took a phone call from my travel agent to be moved and when I enquired the next day if anything could be done a guy told me "Yes, now we have given you the best room of the hotel" as if we asked for it. Second when we checked out another person i hadn't seen before called me by name and unsmilingly asked me "how was our night this time". I find this pretty rude, also considering that we didn't spend our whole time complaining with the hotel staff about the room

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ollivander1978
Management response:Responded June 21, 2012

Dear Ollivander1978,

Thank you for your recent stay with us at The Magnolia Hotel & Spa.

Congratulations on your recent wedding, and thank you for choosing The Magnolia during your visit to Victoria. I appreciate your taking the time to share your feedback and the kind words about the caliber of our hotel.

I am truly sorry that noise from our air conditioning units caused the level of discomfort as it did during your visit with us. I can also assure you that had there been a room available on your first night stay your room would have been immediately moved to another room. I am sorry that the room move had to be on your second night, and we were hoping that our Signature Diamond view room would provide a wonderful experience on this 2nd night.

With respect to our air conditioning, all of the equipment nearby your room location has been serviced and reviewed by technicians since your stay and are operating properly at this time. I apologize again that noise from these units caused issues during your visit.

I sincerely hope that the balance of your honeymoon to Canada was wonderful.

If I can be of personal assistance at any time, please contact me at gm@magnoliahotel.com

Bill Lewis

Reviewed June 15, 2012

I frequent Victoria a few times a year for business and personal and this is absolutely the best little hotel in the city. Cant beat the service, quality and location. If you can get a room on the 7th floor as they come with great views and high ceilings.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business